CYMA Platinum upgraded rate of fire?

Martinb128

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 
Has anyone got any experience with the CYMA Platinum AEGs? If so what kind of rate of fire are you getting?

Just received a "CYMA CM.106A AR-9 Platinum Upgraded Version" and it is firing at around 18 RPS with a 7.4v lipo.

Taiwan gun is stating it should be "around 25 RPS" and there's an overview video with it at 28 RPS.  

Is this normal?

I will see if I can get a hold of an 11.1v lipo to try as well.

Thank you

I've had one, it was 25RPS with an 11.1V out the box.

Just bear in mind the retailer may not honour a warranty if you've been using a 11.1V.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

Seems about right on a 7.4v, mine was just over 25rps out the box with an 11.1v. However I have thrown in a warhead brushless to mine now and it is up to about 40rps now. If you are looking for rate of fire then there is no replacement for running it on 11.1v, if you are running 7.4v then you are leaving performance on the table and have to accept it as a sacrifice for potentially less maintenance further down the road.

For the one burst of auto I did, my SR-25 had pretty good ROF out of the box on an 11.1v...

Until I swapped the 13:1 gears for 18:1 and the motor for a superduper high torque one. Now I imagine the full-auto is probably kinda sluggish, if I even still had the capability for it :P

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

You could also just find a better quality target that doesnt need that much dakka to persuade them to take a walk in the direction of their respawn

🤣 More Dakka is always the answer. I have it set to semi and then progressive semi-3round burst, just that bbrrrrrttt of the burst is so satisfying. I normally lend it out to either friends or nice rentals or use it as a backup if I need it.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Terry_Rist said:

🤣 More Dakka is always the answer. I have it set to semi and then progressive semi-3round burst, just that bbrrrrrttt of the burst is so satisfying. I normally lend it out to either friends or nice rentals or use it as a backup if I need it.

ahh, burst fire, that does make a difference.

2 hours ago, Martinb128 said:

I wasn't necessarily looking for ROF. More a snappy trigger. Perhaps naively, I though a high ROF = fast trigger response.

more rof will help with snappy response, and times were it was the main way to do it, but nowadays with the electronical sorcery that is precocking mosfets and brushless motors you can get that snappy responsive trigger without needing to go full brrt with all the issues therein.

33 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

ahh, burst fire, that does make a difference.

Yeah full auto at 40rps is just too much to ever be useful and even the slightest tap of the trigger will result in too many BBs coming out for it to be considerate to other players. With 3 round burst, I don’t think I can pull the trigger 8 times a second to get up to 25rps so even if I spam the trigger I am not being that much of a dick compared to someone with a full auto gun at acceptable ROF limits. 

I do agree that with the wonder of modern mosfets with precocking it does make a massive difference on the initial shot response, what it still won’t do is make your gun any more snappy if you want to spam the trigger with your middle finger like a speed softer high on monster 

An update for anyone that cares.

I feel like 18 rps is normal out of a CYMA 106 platinum upgraded on 7.4v.

Made a deans converter for fancy 11.1v RC plane battery and tested it again. Pretty sure up to a point, current plays a bigger role in rate of fire than voltage.

Now, my chrono might be bugged (hope not its brand new), but I was getting around 52 rps 😬 The fewest amount of bbs I could shoot in full auto on one tap was 5!

This was with an Overlander batteries 3 cell, 11.1v, 1350mAh, 95C burst - 50C constant battery. So can deliver 128 amps or around 1.4KW on burst.

Built the 106 into a PCC with a longer barrel and softer spring and its now shooting at 22rps at 315 fps on a 7.4v. Was at 335fps with everything stock.

Just for fun I tried it again with the RC battery in the PCC setup and I saw 64rps!

So the AEG is fine and anyone who wants a BB hose should get some fancy batteries!

• Supporters
On 13/11/2022 at 22:40, Martinb128 said:

Pretty sure up to a point, current plays a bigger role in rate of fire than voltage.

Bit of both. Voltage will determine how fast the motor wants to spin with no load.  Current will limit how fast it can spin under load.  And I agree that C is king, airsoft batteries tend to come in very wimpy compared to RC equivalents. One of the few actually interesting things I've seen on a Facebook group was a bloke testing airsoft batteries against RC for internal cell resistance and in every case, the airsoft cells were worse, even fresh out of the box.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.