Evolution coming to Socom Tactical

Josh SocomTactical

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

We are pleased to finally announce we are now stocking Evolution International. 

Evolution logo.png

For anyone who already knows of Evolution then you know how much of an exciting announcement this is!

For anyone who doesn't, Evolution are an Italian company who has been carving their own path in the airsoft industry with their boldness and innovation. 

In 2018 at the IWA2018 & Outdoor Classics, Evolution presented their first line of guns to be entirely developed and manufactured in Italy. 

Since then they have further pushed their designs and are now on to the third iteration of their signature E.T.S, boasting a large number of features including programmable fire modes, adjustable triggers, voltage detection and so much more from a microswitch. 

With their great pricing and intuitive designs, it won't be long until they are leading the way for the future of airsoft weaponry.

cover_hardcore_ETS3-1.jpg

cover_ghost-2_.jpg

cover_AK.jpg

Edited by Josh SocomTactical
Layout change

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That... uh... may not be the flex you think it is.

ducati.jpg.92edba99315f06cebc7fc8bc84cbb3ff.jpg

I laughed, but I also welled up a wee bit too, seeing as I've not yet been forced to fix mine Yet 🤞😬

(my ducati that is🚜

Josh: Will be interesting to see how the 'Evolution' develops  (...More airsoft toy manufacturers the better)

Rogerborg: True of earlier ones.  They seem to be better now the electrics are handled by BMW 😄

Edited by EDcase

I have their M40A3 and it's pretty good. Just haven't got around to tuning it properly yet because other projects have taken up my time, but eventually I will.

@Josh SocomTactical how are you finding the ETU's?  Is it fully micro-switched or a mix of optical?  We're testing micro-switched ones at the moment - so far so good but early days yet. I've always been super weary as they are prone to failure after extensive use.  Even the more expensive Japanese switches are only rated for 50,000.  

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Fixed that for you. 

I'd assumed the Indian Motorcycles model of pulling it out of a crate from Chyna, slapping a "Made In Murca" sticker on it, and putting another 0 on the price.

But I didn't want to assert it, and well... Italian engineering. :D 

• Supporters
20 hours ago, EDcase said:

Rogerborg: True of earlier ones.  They seem to be better now the electrics are handled by BMW 😄

You mean VAG...

On 10/11/2022 at 18:54, Rogerborg said:

That... uh... may not be the flex you think it is.

This is a very good point....

On 10/11/2022 at 19:14, EDcase said:

Josh: Will be interesting to see how the 'Evolution' develops  (...More airsoft toy manufacturers the better)

I am also looking forward to seeing how things go. 

On 11/11/2022 at 12:37, ak2m4 said:

@Josh SocomTactical how are you finding the ETU's?  Is it fully micro-switched or a mix of optical?  We're testing micro-switched ones at the moment - so far so good but early days yet. I've always been super weary as they are prone to failure after extensive use.  Even the more expensive Japanese switches are only rated for 50,000.  

So far just testing in shop they seem a lot nicer than most micro-switched guns I have used, the ETS3 is still a micro-switch so no optical yet.

We have a shop one that is going to be used tomorrow and also at future games, so we can give our personal experience on them rather than just the brochure/manufacturers information.

On 11/11/2022 at 13:59, Speedbird_666 said:

Fixed that for you. 

As far as we have been told by Evolution, they are put together in Italy, obviously we can only go off their word, unless I book a little weekend getaway? 

1 hour ago, Josh SocomTactical said:

As far as we have been told by Evolution, they are put together in Italy, obviously we can only go off their word, unless I book a little weekend getaway? 

"I need to go to Italy for work reasons and definitely not for a holiday I promise."

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Josh SocomTactical said:

As far as we have been told by Evolution, they are put together in Italy, obviously we can only go off their word,

My Canadian girlfriend agrees.

This isn't Facebook: you're not going to fool anyone, or fool us that you're fooling yourself.

All[*] airsoft toys are cheap Chinese made tat with various degrees of markup and marketing. You're selling them, so you'll lie about them in order to sell them.  You can go ahead and lie about how much you're lying, but... this isn't Facebook.

[*] With the exception of Tokyo Marui, but you're not trying or lying to sell us Tokyo Marui.

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

[*] With the exception of Tokyo Marui, but you're not trying or lying to sell us Tokyo Marui.

Even a lot of TM parts were made in China. With noting however that Taiwanese made brands are more often than not actually manufactured and assembled in Taiwan. Hong Kong brands are usually only assembled in Hong Kong from parts made in either Taiwan or mainland China 

On 12/11/2022 at 19:22, Impulse said:

"I need to go to Italy for work reasons and definitely not for a holiday I promise."

Yeah definitely work, I promise...

23 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

My Canadian girlfriend agrees.

This isn't Facebook: you're not going to fool anyone, or fool us that you're fooling yourself.

All[*] airsoft toys are cheap Chinese made tat with various degrees of markup and marketing. You're selling them, so you'll lie about them in order to sell them.  You can go ahead and lie about how much you're lying, but... this isn't Facebook.

I am not sure what your "girlfriend" or Facebook has to do with this but you do you. 

I for one one agree with you in the most case, 80% of Airsoft Equipment is made in China one way or another but I am just saying Evolution have told us the guns are manufactured in Italy, most likely meaning they are put together/modified there, not every individual part made there. As for the lying comment you clearly don't know me personally nor have the right to make this claim, I for one will not sell someone something I don't think is worth selling, like the King Arms pistols we stock amongst other things. I am guessing you've never been to the store or spoken to us in any means otherwise you'd know this. How about pop down to the store one day and see for yourself? 

• Supporters
On 11/11/2022 at 15:59, EDcase said:

Maybe, I don't have one.  Just what I heard from my bike buds 😁

Ducati were bought by Lamborghini who are owned by Audi which is part of the Volkswagen Group. And their electrics are still made in Italy. Although the injection of some German cash does seem to have sorted them out a bit.

11 hours ago, Lozart said:

Ducati were bought by Lamborghini who are owned by Audi which is part of the Volkswagen Group. And their electrics are still made in Italy. Although the injection of some German cash does seem to have sorted them out a bit.

Ducati have used Bosch components since the 1980s at least.  It was the looms and enclosures that were dodgy.  Modern QC is much improved though. 

I plan to take my 25+ year Italian steed into town tomorrow despite the forecast rain anyhow.  

To get slightly back on topic...  I used to export Italian made cast metal goods.  There are a fair few sweatshops in Italy I know.  Traditional heavy industries are quality, but textiles and electronics are a little different.  

Hope that the Evolution rifs reach CYMA quality levels.  

Tbf... I commuted through the lock downs (no furlough) on a combination of an old ducati, and older guzzi and even older laverda. All perfectly reliable. 

Moto Guzzi for the win BTW. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.