Guess I won’t run it on Red Gas then…

RobHedley

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I finally found some time to Chrono the Umarex PSG-1. Filled the Mag with Red Gas (as I have lots of it as I Run the various MWS on it). Popped in some .40 BBs, fired up the Chrono and…. Oh….

Well the good thing is it is very consistent however…. It Chronoed just short of 390 fps on a .40. That’s 2.78 joules. That’s a little hot!!

Now the PSG-1 is fitted with an NPAS, however I am going to grab some Green Gas and try it on that first before I constrict it with the NPAS.

What do you guys think? Green Gas or restrict it with the NPAS to bring it down to the require 1.48joules?

5C7F9AAE-FB6A-4316-B878-3C4BBC38B36E.jpeg

Green gas it first. Always prefer to go the easiest route before sodding about with something.

Judging by that FPS though that npas is getting a good screwing 

47 minutes ago, SheriffHD said:

Green gas it first. Always prefer to go the easiest route before sodding about with something.

Judging by that FPS though that npas is getting a good screwing 

Ha ha, that’s what I thought. If I go the NPAS way, I will have tighten it almost to nothing by the looks of it! 

I will try to pop out to the local Airsoft shop tomorrow and pick up some green gas although I may have some in my workshop so will have to check. 

Hmm… well that didn’t work….

According to the Chrono it went up in power. Maybe the self voluming nature of a GBBR but surely with green gas it should drop. This thing is consistent though! Over 20 shots it ranged from 383 to a max of 390 on a .40 BB with Green gas. I made sure I purged all the red gas out of it before I filled it.

I am confused??. Guess I need to screw in the NPAS then….

B6EE8F31-BADC-41D1-AB2F-C7835075859E.jpeg

Looking like it's a tools out job followed by curse words, buyers remorse and a finishing move of " I overreacted" after yeeting the gun across the room......or is that just me that does that 

7 hours ago, SheriffHD said:

Looking like it's a tools out job followed by curse words, buyers remorse and a finishing move of " I overreacted" after yeeting the gun across the room......or is that just me that does that 

I think that sums up Airsoft!!! We all love it though!!

3 hours ago, RobHedley said:

I think that sums up Airsoft!!! We all love it though!!

Pretty sure you're not an airsofter until you've told your gun to fuck off...but yeah, we love it! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.