Devon Noob

Hotweeweejef

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all!

Just getting into the world of airsoft really. 
Played my first game with a guy from work and his squad and was instantly hooked.

Gradually getting some gear together but I’m looking for some players local to me that wouldn’t mind me tagging along at some games.

I’m based in Paignton and as fair as I know my nearest sites are Skirmish Exeter and MMA in Saltash.

Hoping to get a couple more games under my belt this side of Xmas but not sure if that will be possible now things are starting to get wet and cold. 

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  This is a great site for bants and advice, but for finding friendly locals, you may have more luck on those site's Facebook groups.

It's absolutely fine to rock up and play solo, rental or with your own guns.  We're (mostly) there for the (mostly) same reason, and it's super easy to get talking to folk - just ask someone about their gun(s), and see if you can get them to shut up. ;) 

prefer going solo, to be honest, there's far less faffing around.

Welcome to the asylum

As others have posted, a bit of rain isn't a barrier stopping games in winter, infact I enjoy playing in bad weather. Just make sure you pack  waterproofs and/or a change of clothes for the journey home

Hello & welcome 👋

Not sure if there's any CQB near you? there's Bristol but that's still a couple of hours away. Playing in the rail just means you've an excuse to get camo waterproofs and who doesn't like shopping for more airsoft related stuff?

Hi and welcome, if you don't mind a bit of a drive Survival in Torrington is good. Woodland site , friendly bunch and we don't take ourselves too seriously !   We have a few guys who come up from Exeter to play . 

They have a facebook group if you want to check them out. There are usually a few of us Old Gits at most games , you're always welcome to tag along with us if you wanted to get a feel for the place.

Think there are 3 game days before Christmas from memory'

• Supporters

If we're turning this into a "wut rane geer" thread, I'd always say: synthetic underpants, MVP/GoreTextm socks or lined boots, Merino base layer top and bottom, and then any surplus gear you want over the top of it.  You'll get wet, but - except in extreme conditions - not cold, and you won't pickle in your own sweat.

If it's lashing sideways hard enough that you actually need a waterproof layer over the top, then most of the players will be gone by lunch anyway. ;) 

Tweed the original camo. Ideal winter skirmish kit, especially in Devonshire.

I was tempted to sew myself a tweed plate carrier. Too much like hard work but it would be the dogs danglies.

Could all so use the “ger’ off my land” tactic with a high chance of success.

Edited by The Waco Kid

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Appreciate all the suggestions - serious and slightly less serious! 🤣

Definitely need to sort some wet weather gear. Nothing worse than wet feet so thanks for tips Rogerborg. 

Will check out the other sites mentioned and will hopefully make some games there one day - don’t mind a bit if a drive! 

• 2 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.