Issues with 416D NGRS Bolt Stop with GATE Titan and Aftermarket Bolt Catch

BreadyC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I’m having a little trouble with my NGRS bolt catch, it does seem to work in the sense that I’ve had it pop out the bolt catch and stop firing, but only once.

It’s very unreliable, can someone fill me in on how it works and where to look for what’s causing the intermittency?

I’m not sure exactly what bolt catch is on it but both previous owners are on here to maybe they know. 

I’ve attached an image from the listing I bought it from in case the first owner recognised it, the guy I bought it from is nice and helpful and says it works so I’m happy to persevere with it.

47546DB9-3295-4A3E-A26A-F144B350742E.png

Edited by BreadyC

• BreadyC changed the title to Issues with 416D NGRS Bolt Stop with GATE Titan and Aftermarket Bolt Catch
  • 2 weeks later...

Has the gearbox been checked? Is there some grease or something obstructing the light sensor? Also someone might of damaged the light sensor in the gearbox. 

Are all the mechanical parts for the bolt catch working, no worn parts etc?

Is it standard or do you have a mosfet installed? The bolt catch sits on top of the small lever that you can see in the mag well in first picture. Is it sitting correctly? the black bit is the bolt stop catch and it sits above the silver bolt stop mechanism which you can see just above the mag release spring.

You can see the bolt stop mechanism in the second photo I just took so should make a bit more sense? bolt catch sits on top of bolt stop mechaism where red arrow is pointing.

If it's stiff then remove gear box and a little grease under the mechanism can help. Unhook the littles spring though before removing the screw! 

IMG_8956.jpeg

IMG_8958.jpeg

Edited by Zooankski

• 1 month later...
On 17/11/2022 at 10:40, Zooankski said:

Is it standard or do you have a mosfet installed? The bolt catch sits on top of the small lever that you can see in the mag well in first picture. Is it sitting correctly? the black bit is the bolt stop catch and it sits above the silver bolt stop mechanism which you can see just above the mag release spring.

You can see the bolt stop mechanism in the second photo I just took so should make a bit more sense? bolt catch sits on top of bolt stop mechaism where red arrow is pointing.

If it's stiff then remove gear box and a little grease under the mechanism can help. Unhook the littles spring though before removing the screw! 

IMG_8956.jpeg

IMG_8958.jpeg

It has a TITAN installed, and the latch it's self is very loose, I can easily actuate it with my finger in the magwell.

It simply doesn't lock, if I put an empty mag in and fire it will not latch, even if I hold it up and fire it won't latch onto anything and stay like that. I can see in the TITAN software that the latch is triggering the bolt stop correctly as I can see it changing from "EMPTY" to "LOADED" when I move the switch around.

A friend of mine who also has a 416D NGRS said that the bolt latch should catch on the tappet plate and hold the tappet plate back, is this true? If so, my latch doesn't catch the tappet plate.

Edited by BreadyC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.