Question regarding UKARA

Ashhbashh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What brand are you looking at?

I don't have personal experience of them. Owners can be observed to have huge grins on their faces when they're gassed just right and cycling properly, but I wouldn't get one as a first-and-only gun.  Mags are eye-wateringly expensive, and gas is more expensive to run versus just slapping mid or high caps into a basic AEG and hosing.

We always recommend renting and playing at least once first before buying anything, as you may find that the reality of playing airsoft doesn't match the YouTube promises.  The classifieds are full of "never skirmished" regret purchases.

I know renting appears to be a waste of money if you can get what you want by non-UKARA means, but there's a lot going for it.

Main point is you'll find out if you actually like the sport, you'll lose more selling a once skirmished RIF than it'll cost you to rent. There are others, like chatting to other people about their RIFs and maybe getting to hold a few to see what feels right and spending time learning about what you're planning to get - what do you need to service it etc.

Me? I've another game tonight and then my next one will by my 3rd (well 5th but let's not get into that) then I'll be sorted for UKARA and spending the cash I've saved up while getting the games in.

I've had 3 of 4 RIFs in pole position to be my first but I think I've now settled on something that I like the look of and is hopefully not built of cheese - that said I've been making the most of being able to buy accessories and kit without UKARA 😁

1 hour ago, Madhouse said:

I know renting appears to be a waste of money if you can get what you want by non-UKARA means, but there's a lot going for it.

Main point is you'll find out if you actually like the sport, you'll lose more selling a once skirmished RIF than it'll cost you to rent. There are others, like chatting to other people about their RIFs and maybe getting to hold a few to see what feels right and spending time learning about what you're planning to get - what do you need to service it etc.

Me? I've another game tonight and then my next one will by my 3rd (well 5th but let's not get into that) then I'll be sorted for UKARA and spending the cash I've saved up while getting the games in.

I've had 3 of 4 RIFs in pole position to be my first but I think I've now settled on something that I like the look of and is hopefully not built of cheese - that said I've been making the most of being able to buy accessories and kit without UKARA 😁

This is good advice

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.