Taiwangun alternatives for 8fields gear?

Skullchewer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There's a specific 8fields item I'm in need of, and taiwangun still has shipping issues.

Patrolbase (blech) are out of stock and I'm having trouble locating it elsewhere.

Anyone know of a UK 8fields retailer, or one that ships to the UK?

I think you've covered the only UK one with Patrol Base :(

I'm not sure if 8Fields is distributed in Europe by Taiwan Gun or if it's actually a brand they own (it was this site that made me think they actually own them... https://8fields.com/ ), but they're the only ones I known of who stock their full range.

• Supporters

Try ebay, I often see new 8fields gear pop up on there. 

What's the actual item ? 

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Oooh Multicam black, not exactly common from any manufacturer, definitely got your work cut out there🤔

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll just get some mp5 hard shell holsters (also apparently rocking horse shit unless you want kydex) and spray then as I did with my kydex stuff.

Have you looked at the TMC stuff on Weapon762? Might be something on there.

You can message patrolbase to order in kit from TG but be warned, they're ditsy as hell and will most likely put whatever you've ordered on the site and sell it. Then email asking if you bought it. 

Keep an eye on ebay, that's where I snagged my rig from!

Fuck, and I say this with all seriousness, patrolbase. I was only going to buy it from them if I had literally no other option.

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

Have you looked at the TMC stuff on Weapon762? Might be something on there.

Out of stock 🤷🏼

Tbf ive had no problem with PB, but I only use them for cheap gear for my son (funnily enough a set of 8 Fields body armour.) I'd never use them for RIFs. Too many horror stories.

Pisser about Weapon762. Anything on Ali Express?

There's always powair6 if you need it 

https://www.powair6.com/en/magazine-holder/9567-8fields-quad-molle-pouch-for-mp5-mp7-mp9-kriss-vector-magazine-multicam-black.html

Shipping will be about £20 though, so unless you're Desperate then probably best to order some other stuff too to make it worthwhile.

6 hours ago, Hudson said:

There's always powair6 if you need it 

https://www.powair6.com/en/magazine-holder/9567-8fields-quad-molle-pouch-for-mp5-mp7-mp9-kriss-vector-magazine-multicam-black.html

Shipping will be about £20 though, so unless you're Desperate then probably best to order some other stuff too to make it worthwhile.

Not quite what I'm looking for. Close, but not it. Thanks though 🙂

3 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

@Skullchewer

Use 

airsoftdb.com

Invaluable tool for finding stuff, even works with parts numbers if the retailers list them properly 🤞

Well that's bloody useful! Cheers Enid.

• 5 months later...
On 31/10/2022 at 18:14, Skullchewer said:

There's a specific 8fields item I'm in need of, and taiwangun still has shipping issues.

Patrolbase (blech) are out of stock and I'm having trouble locating it elsewhere.

Anyone know of a UK 8fields retailer, or one that ships to the UK?

I know I am digging this thread up, but did anyone order anything from Taiwangun recently without issues? They say trouble free delivery to NI but my England postcode tells me to order from Patrolbase....... Wtf are they doing with the customs post brexit? It's just airsoft stuff.

On 12/04/2023 at 13:15, george1976 said:

I know I am digging this thread up, but did anyone order anything from Taiwangun recently without issues? They say trouble free delivery to NI but my England postcode tells me to order from Patrolbase....... Wtf are they doing with the customs post brexit? It's just airsoft stuff.

Taiwangun will not ship to any of the UK apart from NI, which is still effectively within the EU's Single Market.

Shipping stuff to the rest of the UK from the EU is complicated as, for every transaction above a relatively low value, sellers are required to register with HMRC and collect tax on their behalf.  Generally, it is not worthwhile for them.

Another Brexit benefit!

• Supporters
On 12/04/2023 at 13:15, george1976 said:

I bought a chest rig from Taiwangun via Patrolbase and it was absolutely fine. Just email [email protected] with what you want and they'll sort it. You may have to wait a bit because of TWG shipping things in bulk to cut costs. Price wise though it was pretty close to what they advertise on the TWG website.

As for "it's just airsoft stuff" - as far as HMRC are concerned that is totally irrelevant. It's importing taxable goods.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2023 at 09:38, Lozart said:

I bought a chest rig from Taiwangun via Patrolbase and it was absolutely fine. Just email [email protected] with what you want and they'll sort it. You may have to wait a bit because of TWG shipping things in bulk to cut costs. Price wise though it was pretty close to what they advertise on the TWG website.

As for "it's just airsoft stuff" - as far as HMRC are concerned that is totally irrelevant. It's importing taxable goods.

Just got a reply from Taiwangun on their ask us session on Reddit, they said UK customs not allowing anything airsoft related in. I guess it's only for private customers. Not even tactical gear...... just dumb.

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, george1976 said:

Just got a reply from Taiwangun on their ask us session on Reddit, they said UK customs not allowing anything airsoft related in. I guess it's only for private customers. Not even tactical gear...... just dumb.

images (49).jpg

Yeah I call bullshit on that. I bought a PP2000 a few months back from Gunfire and it got through customs fine, was just a bit slow through the UPS warehouse.

Edited by Shaydee

1 hour ago, george1976 said:

That translates to - “We don’t want to”

For reasons such as the UK market isn’t worth the effort registering and the administration of dealing with HMRC for individual UK VAT imports, they are fed up with customers complaining about delay and import charges, the turnover isn’t worth the cost of bulk export/import, or they just don’t like you 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.