Help with disassembling Double Bell AK74

Hudson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As the title says, I'm having trouble stripping mine down.

I bought it purely out of curiosity as it's dirt cheap, and after getting the M4 PDW they also do & being pleasantly surprised on performance, despite its plasticy cheapness.

It seems to be mostly based on the old Marui style design which I've had experience of for 2 decades now and I thought would be a doddle.

However, the one issue I'm having is removing the front section (hop, outer barrel etc.) From the body.

The catch for the side-folding stock seems to be part of the barrel assembly and not the lower receiver as on other AKs I've used before.

So when I try and slide the front end out to separate the two halves, the stock catch will stop you doing so.

Unless I'm being completely dense (a strong possibility) I can't see any way to remove the stock catch prior to this to allow it to slide out.

I can't remove it from inside, above, below or even by trying to get in the hole for the catch itself and it's got me stumped, as there obviously has to be a way to do it.

Has anyone had experience with these before? (They've not been around that long afaik, and they're not exactly seen as cool so I imagine not many people will have bothered tbh).

Photos will come later, as soon as I can, but there's not really much to show unfortunately.

Edited by Hudson

Okay, so I eventually managed to get the gearbox and barrel out but it involved going in a back-asswards way.

I had to slide the front end forward as much as possible, and take the gearbox out.

Then I could slide the hop & barrel out to the rear.

Even Witt that, I still see no way of getting access to the stock catch!

What a faff for such a simple task!

Edited by Hudson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.