Lugers don't grow on trees you know!

Skullchewer

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It will probably still work with a  bit of effort. I saw one the other week a gunsmith friend of mine was working on.

It was a First World War artillery version (long barrel), been deliberately buried in an oil cloth since about 1918. Grips rotted away, but otherwise a good clean and strip down and it cycled perfectly.

I found these in a lake in Belgium 1987 when it was drained for the first time since WWII.  There was loads of other stuff in the mud but I could only walk around the perimeter.

The auto is a FN1905 and the ladies revolver is a pinfire from around 1850

P1000312.thumb.jpg.143d60337c1cf7d0942af083b583da85.jpg

I donated them to a museum where they told me that they were likely thrown in the lake during the nazi occupation because anyone caught with a weapon would be executed.

Edited by EDcase

• Supporters

While we're on the subject, anyone here ever tried their hand at magnet fishing ?, I've seen a lot of the vids when mooching around YouTube, contemplated getting some kit as I'm only 15 minutes up the road from the Royal military canal. 

Had a few tries in Reading during lunch breaks.  Only found junk of course. 😄

Important trick is to use the top of a plastic bottle to cover the magnet so the attachment point doesn't get snagged.

Would love to try somewhere interesting like around Hampton Court but I expect that wouldn't last long.

Your site sounds interesting so could be worth a go since its not a big investment.

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.