What optic for an LMG

Matt.2504

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What optic for an LMG? Budget £200  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What optics should I put on my LMG? Budget - below £200

• Elcan - if so which brand?
    • EOtech & Magnifier - if so which brand?

**** purchase has been decided… I’ve bought an Elcan. Will post picture of it on rifle when it arrives. Thank you everyone for your helpful polling and comments ****

Edited by Matt.2504

• Supporters

Gotta be the old skool elcan, everything else looks too small & fragile. 

As for the brand, whatever you like the look of, or fits your budget, it's going on lmg after all which aren't known for pinpoint accuracy even at Airsoft ranges lol. 

colt_lmg8.jpg

I play support gunner most games.

My rear iron sight is missing and I never miss it tbh.  

Purely for looks has to be the Elcan though.

Eclan for the look other wise pretty redundant on a support gun the idea is to suppress rather than aim. When I ran an support gun I had a tracer to get a general idea of range (honestly I do this with all my guns). I mixed same brand same weight tracer/standard bbs to be a little cheaper. I also tended to run .2g bb as accuracy really wasn't the goal.

I think M249s with an Eotech a la Seal Team look cool.

Otherwise, Elcan is the one.

Elcan wins it. Also like the back up sight integrated into the unit.

As regards brand, Theta optics seems decent. Alternatively you could cough up more for the G&G model.

Depends on the platform. 

If its a M249 or equivalent then ice always used an elcan. 

If its a mk23, stoner, strike kit or alike. Then a simple red dot or eotech. 

Anything bigger I used either a specter DR 4x or eventually found a specter 6x 7.62 version. 

pixlr_20221028073454737.jpg

• Supporters

I don't know of many sites now that allow auto up close?  So the flip magnifier loses its' usefulness.  The Elcan product line is notorious for being rock hard irl, hence it's seen a lot of machine gun usage with various forces over the years.

I'm not really up on the latest clone optics, but holy warrior seems to be the way to go.  Got a few Aimpoint T-X knock-offs here and an EoTech magnifier and they're lightyears ahead of the generic chinese optics I've got from the early days of such products being available.  Though I also have an HWO EXPS3 that doesn't turn on and seemingly the battery compartment is just straight up built/sized wrong for any battery type I've ever seen, so the usual risks with aliexpress type dealings are ever-present.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.