MWS URG-I build

mr_mj_spice

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Opportunity to buy a MWS CQBR and u want to build it into a URG-I. Never done this before so looking for advise if these parts are compatible with the gun and each other... 

I want to start with rail and couple of internals the over time build the rest. 

So to start Im looking at angry gun mk16 13.5 inch rail with the angry gun outer barrel adapter. Now I'm sure this will fit but I think the outer barrel on the CQBR is 10.5 inch so was going to get a angry gun 14.4 inch outer barrel? And while I'm at it I might as stick a new tight bore inner barrel so any recommendations? 

Then I want to put a NPAS in there aswell, heard the Ra tech ones are pretty good. 

Think that's will do for a start until I save more money... 

In relation to the rail being compatible with the gun, yes it is. I can’t remember if I needed to use the adapter when I built mine, but it’s better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it. It was a very easy build to be honest. Once you’ve got the front iron sight and the delta ring off, just screw on the supplied ring nut, slide the rail on and tighten up the screws.

Is it specifically the 14.5 inch build you’re going for? Why not just get a shorter MK16 rail and save the cost of changing the outer barrel. The 10.5 inch is in service with USASOC so it’s a correct build. I’m not sure about the Angry Gun outer barrel and it’s compatibility with the MWS or the npas, but I’m sure someone here will be able to confirm this. Are you getting the Geissele style gas block? It doesn’t do anything for the function, but gives a bit more stability to the rail and, in my opinion, it looks better.

I’m intending to buy a CQBR and make a 10.5 inch MK16 URG-I to go with my 14.5. The TM MWS is the top rifle in the picture. The shorty is a GHK that I’ve just sold. I think the MWS looks better than the GHK due to the Cerakote finish and the colour of the rail looks nicer.

229E642B-96D1-423E-8AFD-05D2097A9DF1.jpeg

29 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

I’d Consider the HAO rails too , always been happy with the quality , service and price :)

651CEBA5-22FE-467F-A582-CC071EA0D035.jpeg.a0e6658938885267af6f23ad10d6b8df.jpeg
DBF7F700-98FC-44C8-9D89-0CD9ED44F1F0.thumb.jpeg.6287d2e8fa162fba3137ca41efb56b1d.jpeg

I was thinking about the HAO for my 10.5 inch build, but as I used Angry Gun for my 14.5 I want to keep them as close, colour wise, as possible. Did you use the 10.5 or 9.3 for your shorty build?

I’ve used an HAO rail on both my 10.5” and 14.6”, also on my long 416, really good quality, very well made and not as expensive 

on my 10.5” barrel Mk16 I used the 9.3” HAO rail (sorry about crap quality pic) 

4AD69B4C-EA9F-4E21-BA76-36D08F38531D.jpeg

Think il just got for the 10.5 then and save myself some time and money. I was looking at HAO but I couldn't find one in stock anywhere, but I'd like one if anyone can point me in the right direction. 

Then keeping the stock outer barrel I wouldn't have to worry about compatibility with the rail. Would you keep the original barrel or drop in a new tight bore? I'd like to be able to use it indoors at the CQB site I play then turn it up to a DMR for woodland skirmish hence the NPAS. 

2 hours ago, mr_mj_spice said:

I never bothered to look because it was US, depends how long shopping takes, plus import charges I'm guessing, will probably go with angry gun 

I’ve put maybe 4 or 5 orders in with them over the last couple years , never an issue 👍🏼

8 hours ago, mr_mj_spice said:

I never bothered to look because it was US, depends how long shopping takes, plus import charges I'm guessing, will probably go with angry gun 

I’m the same as Jim. I’ve ordered a bunch of stuff from HAO’s website and never had any issue with customs and never had any fees added. I’m not saying there’s never going to be an issue, but I think you’ll be unlucky if you get hit with customs charges. That said, the Angry Gun rail is very nice and, like I said yesterday, it’s probably the one I’ll go for when I come to build my 10.5. Just to keep it the same as my 14.5. I’m not sure what the colour difference is between the HAO and Angry Gun, but there was definitely a difference between the GHK and the Angry Gun. The GHK was a lighter shade with the Angry Gun being a darker, richer colour that I preferred.

8 minutes ago, mr_mj_spice said:

What's the shipping time normally like? Hoping to get the skirt ready for next indoor game in 2 weeks... 

I think you’ll be lucky to get it in 2 weeks. It’s not impossible, but it’ll be pushing it. Especially with the Royal Mail strikes. It looks like they have more strikes planned for 2nd, 3rd and 4th of November. So I don’t rate your chances of getting it in 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, mr_mj_spice said:

What's the shipping time normally like? Hoping to get the skirt ready for next indoor game in 2 weeks... 

My usual turnaround has been under that , it’s up to you but the savings are there , the customer service is there and it’s very decent product . 

just had a dig around and firesupport  are showing stock of some HAO rails at not much more than the shipped price direct  , 👍🏼 

Unfortunately no mk16 in stock for the TM but I might order a HAO, il email tomorrow and see if they can give estimated delivery. 

Think il go with the 9.3 for now then eventually when I've got more money for more guns il turn it to a 14.5 and put a new long inner and outer barrel and have it as a DMR then I can get an SMG for CQB but as I just have the one gun for now the 10.5 will do both CQB and woodland skirmish 

I put the 9.3 HAO rail on mine and absolutely don't regret it. The fit is great, very solid, and the colour and finish is superb. The quality convinced me to get their Geissele scope mount too.

20220322_135603.thumb.jpg.74dd69abb3af8c13b334a56dd9a510b2.jpg

2 hours ago, mr_mj_spice said:

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get the HAO and just wait for it to ship. 

Is it a straight swap or is there anything else you need? 

It come with the correct barrel nut and mine fits really well without shims. Shouldn't need anything else.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.