GBLS m1911a1 pistol

Daveoc33

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There's been noises of this on Facebook etc for a while. It's now available for preorder. I was hoping for an innovative aep similar to their Das but this looks like a gas blowback. Full stainless steel and a pre order from Korea will set you back £800ish (1,250,000 won). 

The main unique thing about it seems to be a "half cock safety device" which I'm guessing is the hammer half cocked. It comes with either markings, no markings, or as a disassembled kit. 

I'm not clear what makes this better than a TM with a guarder kit but here some translated details from a website. 

e31810597ce279b33f0c0c579afc3a5a.jpg.4fa063c3876d0c2c91703f0d33883009.jpg

Pre-sale period (Senior mother itself): September 30th ~ October 24th, 2022

• 1 additional magazine provided with advance reservation 
  • Laser marking can be done at no additional cost to the customer who requested it. 
  • Full Steel CNC Manufacturing
  • Some details such as hammer, slide stop, and hammer spring housing will be modified and shipped.
  • Maximize details such as reproduction of the half-cock safety device for the first time in Airsoft
  • Differentiated sales with a new magazine design that was not previously available
  • 
  • 1)  Materials ( mainly main parts )

All steel parts are applied (CNC machining )

Inner barrel ( manufactured by Lambda, Japan ),  trigger bar  special screw , and  special pin are stainless steel

-  Part of cylinder and  piston are aluminum  (AL7075 T6)

Magazine lining and grip apply polymer ( mil-spec polymer specification )

2)  Exterior finishing post-treatment method

Steel parts apply parka -rise

There are rumors of Teflon coating, but Teflon coating is not applied to the product.

( The development of DuPont's Teflon coating was  in the 1950s , and the  time it was applied to firearms was  mainly in the 1970s during the Vietnam War, so not applying it to this product is a testament to the high degree of perfection )

3)  Challenge kit delivery status

Frame  slide  out-barrel and chamber assembly , only 3 available before coloring

The rest of the parts are provided in a state where all processes have been completed as an assembly ( assembly ) for each part.

Supplied with heat treatment and sanding

-  For sanding , the pressure of  100 times used for sanding has a grainy  feeling, but the  roughness of the surface roughness is expected to be provided at a low level. Due to the nature of the challenge kit, separate production standards are applied 

-  This product is produced close to the real illumination by applying 6 bars of pressure to No.  100 gold thread  .

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Huh.  Don't all airsoft GBB 1911s have half cock?

No, your thinking about the owners 😜

(big gun, small.........) 

c20d4a5ad0722dc0675db7f266ac5977.jpg

25 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Huh.  Don't all airsoft GBB 1911s have half cock?

Yeah, I'm not sure. My kwc definitely doesn't have it. I can't remember if my TM does or doesn't. 

Interesting.  WAs do.  I figured it was a fairly basic thing to replicate.  But I suppose TM M92s have only fairly recently gotten functional decockers which WA's have had for probably decades.

5 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Interesting.  WAs do.  I figured it was a fairly basic thing to replicate.  But I suppose TM M92s have only fairly recently gotten functional decockers which WA's have had for probably decades.

TM p226s have functional decockers as well. In terms of the half-cock functionality of the 1911, I believe the TM does have that but mine is currently away because screw using that during the winter.

• Supporters

KSC m92's had the decocker for years, as did my old TM 226, never owned a 1911 (yet😏) so dunno, pretty sure my hi-capa's have the half cock function though, been so long since I used them🤔 (hopefully next weekend 🤞)

• Supporters

To me, there's been some misinterpretation of a bad translation.  For my money, they're just saying that it functions the same as the real one, which is a stretch of a bullet point since TMs already do but anyway.  There's been all-steel 1911s before for well over a grand, can't remember the brand now just remember redwolf advertising them.  So yeah, basically all steel (especially if machined from billet) where possible with some 7075 internals makes the price quite understandable.

I'd say the 'new magazine design not previously available' is the real thing to look in to, again, to my reading.  Maybe they've pulled off some magic in that tiny single stack volume?  Who knows.

I forgot about the redwolf one. It was the RWA nighthawk GRP and the was around the £1000 mark. It does explain the price really. It'll be interesting to see what else is revealed about the GBLS 1911 over the coming months. 

Edited by Daveoc33
Grammar

On 25/10/2022 at 23:32, TheFull9 said:

To me, there's been some misinterpretation of a bad translation.  For my money, they're just saying that it functions the same as the real one, which is a stretch of a bullet point since TMs already do but anyway.  There's been all-steel 1911s before for well over a grand, can't remember the brand now just remember redwolf advertising them.  So yeah, basically all steel (especially if machined from billet) where possible with some 7075 internals makes the price quite understandable.

I'd say the 'new magazine design not previously available' is the real thing to look in to, again, to my reading.  Maybe they've pulled off some magic in that tiny single stack volume?  Who knows.

Inokatsu and RaTech also made full steel ones . Inok stared around £800 and RATECH around £1300

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.