holographic sight options for TM M4 MWS?

Chai.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for a holographic sight for my TM M4 MWS that actually can be used as a sight and not just for looks?

Budget is around £200-300. Willing to push up to £400 or I would no more than that.

Looking to also combine it with a magnifier behind it. (Please list some options for this as well)

Does it have to be holographic? 

For that budget (£300-£400 end) you should be able to get a nv 552 eotech or an aimpoint like an m2 second hand.

Personally though I think they're overkill for airsoft, even if you do events on a regular basis. 

I'd recommend vortex, the cross fire red dot is good and versatile, their warranty is apparently awesome (not had to use) and you won't be able to get repairs on a legit eotech or aimpoint (at least not easily). Holosun do some great options as well. For these you're looking £150-200 ish. They're for real rifles so recoil won't be an issue, they have a warranty and NV modes ( if that's important). Tactical kit is one of many UK retailers.

The holy warrior clones are the best clones I've seen, good on bright days, have NV modes and seem to work well. NV modes can be a little bright (based on the eotech XPS I have). Tactical waffles is the only UK reseller I know of, devt team six sell them from Europe or you can get them direct from Ali express but post takes a few weeks. Cheaper, good enough but not perfect. 

16 hours ago, Emergencychimps said:

Does it have to be holographic? 

For that budget (£300-£400 end) you should be able to get a nv 552 eotech or an aimpoint like an m2 second hand.

Personally though I think they're overkill for airsoft, even if you do events on a regular basis. 

I'd recommend vortex, the cross fire red dot is good and versatile, their warranty is apparently awesome (not had to use) and you won't be able to get repairs on a legit eotech or aimpoint (at least not easily). Holosun do some great options as well. For these you're looking £150-200 ish. They're for real rifles so recoil won't be an issue, they have a warranty and NV modes ( if that's important). Tactical kit is one of many UK retailers.

The holy warrior clones are the best clones I've seen, good on bright days, have NV modes and seem to work well. NV modes can be a little bright (based on the eotech XPS I have). Tactical waffles is the only UK reseller I know of, devt team six sell them from Europe or you can get them direct from Ali express but post takes a few weeks. Cheaper, good enough but not perfect. 

I wanted to get a holy warrior but when reading a couple reviews on aliexpress apparently some people could not adjust the windage?
Not sure if this is a problem with all holy warriors.

1 hour ago, Chai. said:

I wanted to get a holy warrior but when reading a couple reviews on aliexpress apparently some people could not adjust the windage?
Not sure if this is a problem with all holy warriors.

There are two different Holy Warrior EOTech’s. One looks good but is about the same as all the others, average to poor and about £40

The other one, about £110, works brilliantly

BUT neither is a holographic sight, so have silver or red front glass, a dead and immediate giveaway.

it also means they’re hard to use in low light levels.

• 2 weeks later...

Ebay is great for used Eotech's - provided you know how to spot a fake - and you are clever with your search terms.

Over the years I've grabbed an Eotech sight, Eotech magnifier and Trijicon ACOG for about £550 in total.

There seems to be a RS Aimpoint Carbine Optic on there for a decent price atm.

I would second @emergencychimpand say look at Vortex. I have one on my regular MWS and it has never missed a beat. The warranty is ‘If it breaks (we don’t care how), we will fix it’ from Vortex. Plus it is transferable which makes them hold their value. I have the Crossfire and will be getting another one very shortly for the John Wick conversion MWS. My Crossfire has been beaten up, dropped, slammed against trees etc and there is not a mark on it and it is still bang on zero from when I set it up years ago. Well as zero as an MWS can shoot anyway.

Edited by RobHedley

I run RS Eotechs on mine, a 557 and a XPS2 depending on the load out... I'll probably let the 557 go at some point too but being a bit of a horder it's difficult lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/10/2022 at 17:31, Chai. said:

Looking for a holographic sight for my TM M4 MWS that actually can be used as a sight and not just for looks?

Budget is around £200-300. Willing to push up to £400 or I would no more than that.

Looking to also combine it with a magnifier behind it. (Please list some options for this as well)

Look for Bushnell HWS, they are no longer produced since 2010 or so but they are just like eotechs. I got mine for like 130USD. For budget magnifier I also recommend Vector Optics Scot-07. Really good optic for reasonable money

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.