Compact pistols

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I like the look of VFC pistols but have always avoided buying them, because of the problems they run into and the lack of parts support, although the HK45 CT might one day tempt me. I never skirmish my pistols and only use them at home occasionally, so maybe I am wrong to discount them. How quickly can they go wrong?

I generally buy only TM or WE. Yes, WE are poor on quality control but they have good parts backup and can be fixed. And if you are more of a collector of pistols, like me, it's sometimes nice to have something more realistic than a plastic TM. I do like Maruis though and have several.

Since I am looking for a compact (as opposed to sub-compact) pistol the guns that have interested me are:

TM Glock 19

TM HK USP Compact

WE Glock 19 - generally solid

WE XDM40 3.8 which gets better reviews than the full sized one

WE Sig P228 but it is all metal and I have come to prefer the feel of polymer frames

WE Sig F18

I imagine I will go for a TM in the end, for peace of mind, but just wondered what others would think. 

Edited by emilianoksa

TM Glock 19's are a solid choice. My current "go-to" is based on this platform, although in actuality is a scratch built Guarder.

Have you thought about TM V10's? They're a good looking pistol and one of the snappiest I've ever fired. Lower powered at around 230FPS but guessing that wouldn't bother you much?

IMG20220824162539.jpg

IMG_20211128_145327.jpg

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have considered the V10 but was put off a bit by the low gas capacity.

I am leaning more to the HK USP Compact at the moment. I know the Glock 19 is a more recent gun than the HK but is really that much better?

You are of course correct that you get fewer shots per charge but should be able to clear two mags with a lock back. I certainly wouldn't let it put me off purchasing one purely for plinking. I don't have any experience with the USP but as we know, you can't really go wrong with a TM.

I was pleasantly surprised by my vfc gen 4 glock 19. Very snappy with crisp trigger break and the range and accuracy running it stock was surprisingly good. I know what you mean about bits breaking but parts are available from wgcshop and redwolf (and probably a few others too). I don't have a TM G19 but I definitely prefer this to my tm g18c and we g17. 

Does a TM foliage warrior could as a compact? Mine is outstanding. Similar size to a g19

• Supporters

Ksc G19, metal slide version, bought mine new about 21 years ago for £65, cleaned & lubed maybe twice, never missed a beat & nothing ever broke, loaned out loads of times too, replaced last year with an identical twin, keeping the old one for spares lol

Why not go the whole way and look at the TM LCP or the TM Bodyguard 380? TM even make appendix carry holsters for them, or you can put a suppressor on them and they're pocket mk23s :P

For a small pistol I tend to use a WE P99, change the hop rubber and its pretty good for indoor action although can be outranged outdoors quite easily. That's where my marui 5-7 takes over 😁

3 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks for all the replies.

No love for the WE Sigs, I assume.

I used to have one. It was ok but not great. The we glocks are better performers and more reliable. If I was to get another sig I'd get a TM

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.