Kill Team

Hubert
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone else downloaded this?

for 800MS points (or £8-£10 on PSN), you can download this little gem. It's a tie-in game to the upcoming (September) 360/PS3/PC game Space Marine.

The graphics are taken from DoW II, but it's actually a 3rd person arcade shooter rather than RTS. It's surprisingly fun.

You choose your character - Librarian, techmarine, vanguard or sternguard veteran, select your chapter - at the moment limited to Blood Ravens, Blood Angels, Imperial Fists, White Scars, Salamanders or everyone's favourite, the Smurfs and off you go, purging an Ork warship.

Being a huge techmarine fan, I've gone to play as a techmarine. There's something very satisfying about whacking orks over the head with your huge servo-arm, or vaporising them from afar with a plasma gun.

Simple, but very, very fun and highly addictive.

• Supporters
Being a huge techmarine fan

Hubert- forever the strange one :P whats wrong with you? :lol:

Warhammer 40k, now that brings back many memories- and much wasted money :lol::P

shame im too poor to download it :P

And as usual there is a lack of love for Tau :( mind you I could use my second army of dark angels I guess- doublewing tactics were really good, but everything in the codex was way too expensive pointswise...

Ill wait till I can be bothered to leave the house to buy more points :lol:

smiley overload :P

Hubert- forever the strange one :P whats wrong with you? :lol:

I guess this is the wrong time to say that my primary army is Iron Hands marines then...

The techmarine thing - what's not to like about the mechanicus? Supersticious, useless, paranoid 'protectors' of technology, who practically worship everyday mundane objects like toasters. Or are they?

A few books have little extracts of 'rituals' such as the 'ritual of activation'. "Strike the - . If the - does not respond, whisper the incantation of awakening once more, and strike the - once more". Striking an object to get it to start working? Telling a machine to work? Sounds like percusive maintenance of today and Jeremy Clarkson to me...

I haven't played for a year or so, but I still try and do the painting and converting. Keeps me happy. Love reading the novels - Ciaphas Cain is some of the best fiction I've ever read.

• 1 month later...

I bought Kill Team and absolutely love it but i'm really looking forward to Space Marine.

And yes i used to collect 40K too, much money spent too. Space Wolves, Tyranids and Tau.

• Supporters

There are plastic fictional army model building and painting nerds in airsoft?

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's the attraction? I really don't get it.

There used to be a club at my school run by my english teacher and some of the models look pretty badass, but some cost upwards of £50 and all they do is stand there.

I mean, what the hell?!

If they could be fitted with .22 Rimfire autocannons or something and then be used to robitically rape each other on a big outdoor area, then I'd totally be on the scene.

But as it stands, I think I'll stick to gaming.

I might even look at Kill Team lol.

was looking at this awhile ago, untill i relised it was third person, then i stopped looking. Hate third person shooters, its just corner camping 24/7.

Sorry,i am talking about the space marines game by sledgehammer games. If this is what ur talking abiut.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a hobby, just as airsoft is. There will be plenty of people that wont understand why some spend thousands on gear when essentially all you're doing is shooting plastic pellets at each other. I used to enjoy it as it was a much more relaxing past time, you could customise your army the way you wanted and paint it how you wanted. It's each to their own. I generally think people who are interested or like to listen to say...dance music, should be shot. But it's their preference and it's not mine.

+Snip+

Here here.

It's a hobby, a pass time, something that I, and many others enjoy. For me, there's nothing more relaxing than getting out my paints, putting on some music/a radio comedy/a film or TV show to listen to, and just painting my models. Not just 40k, I do historical stuff too.

We could be doing worse yano to get our jollies - like sniffing the high-solvent glue...

Archived