Anyone know the colour

Roguehamst3r

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

50 shades of RAL7008!

If you want an EXACT colour match, you'll need to go get it colour matched somewhere that does custom rattle cans.

(to be honest I can't even see the scratch!)

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

50 shades of RAL7008!

Lets not forget good old RAL8000.

OP - you will struggle to get an exact match (especially if the Receiver is anodised rather than painted)

Case in point - all of the tan parts on this gun are 'RAL8000'. Nearly every part is a different shade depending on metal grade, plastic type, and the lunar cycle by all accounts.

image.png.0b57edb5d657e395bf3e0bc744dfee63.png

Good luck.

Thanks mate, I’m not looking for perfection just as close as possible, as I have pitted the alloy. I have sanded and filled the pits, just need to colour over the repair. 

thank you to all that have commented this is my first post on this forum and will not be my last. Airsoft players are really a friendly bunch. 

2 minutes ago, Roguehamst3r said:

Thanks mate.Airsoft players are really a friendly bunch. 

Yeah and don't you forget it!! Grrrrrr!!

😉

1 hour ago, Pseudotectonic said:

Sometimes I wonder if gold paint is not too far off from the various "RAL8000s" in rifles etc (especially the cerakote one)

spacer.png

Ceracote is somewhat flatter I think.  It's a hard one to replicate.  I reckon for scratches you may well be right though.  Those touch up pens are damn good these days.  Of course you could always use a matt lacquer to finish it off I suppose. 

I learned a lot about touch up paint, rattle cans, and panel beating with my first wife.  Her driving was interesting...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.