Colour Scheme Problem

SharkSurvivor

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, SharkSurvivor said:

Hey there, two tone people

I have a question, what would look better on a tan airsoft gun? black attachments or black airsoft gun with tan attachments?

By ‘two tone people’ are you asking about VCRA compliant IFs which are generally called ‘two tone’?  

just the contrast of two different colours?

or are you seeking the opinion of airsofting Ska fans? 

Black and Tan won’t qualify as VCRA two tone as the law specifies a set list of brightly coloured tones to be used as >50% of an IFs body

Black and Tan would fit as ‘two contrasting colour tones’

Ska two tones would need to be black & white in perfect harmony

As already pointed out, "two-tone" is only the colors specified in the law (see below) so you will need to choose the actual two-tone spray paint option.

Your parents should not be able to buy a black/tan without UKARA anyway because it is not "two-tone" legally speaking.

7.—(1) For the purposes of section 38(3)(b) of the 2006 Act and paragraph 6(3)(b) of Schedule 2 to that Act, a colour is to be regarded as unrealistic for a real firearm only if it is a colour specified in paragraph (2) or if the imitation firearm is made of transparent material.

(2) The colours specified in this paragraph are—

(a)bright red;

(b)bright orange;

(c)bright yellow;

(d)bright green;

(e)bright pink;

(f)bright purple; and

(g)bright blue.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2606/regulation/7/made

16 hours ago, Tommikka said:

or are you seeking the opinion of airsofting Ska fans? 

Ska two tones would need to be black & white in perfect harmony

You owe me a new cup of tea, cos I just spat one out.

54 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I hope its not you in your profile pic...

That's the worst case of 'chicken wing' I've ever seen 😄

Hey now, he's a shark survivor, maybe his arm doesn't work right 😉

1 hour ago, Skullchewer said:

As the desired effect has taken place, and the OP is a ‘youth of today’ and may not have had the benefit of an education in quality music by a knowledgeable mentor …..

Two tone is both a generic term for a genre of music and the primary record label responsible for nurturing British Ska bands and bringing in the occasional resurgence of the genre

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Tone_Records

The black and white branding was cheap and cheerful, as well as symbolising a firm British Ska value of black & white integration.

This was based on Jamaican ska music arriving in the UK with 1950s Jamaican migration to the UK (and also merchant sailors bringing it home), Jamaican ska in the UK merged with local genres such as punk, new wave etc and also entwined reggae & ska

The UK flavour gained further popularity with 2nd generation Jamaican immigrant and their British peers. It was particularly popular with the skinhead movement (which does not equate to the National Front types wearing the same fashion)

At a ska gig you would find black & white skinheads, (plus the odd NF skinhead who may ‘tolerate’ the blacks at the gig, but kick their heads in the next day)

This is England illustrates the taking over of skinhead styles by the National Front, with scenes between main characters referencing their younger days as close friends sharing parents Jamaican Ska then falling apart with the rise of the NF

Here’s some two tone ….

• 5 months later...
On 11/10/2022 at 13:17, EDcase said:

I hope its not you in your profile pic...

That's the worst case of 'chicken wing' I've ever seen 😄

That's White Feather (google him)

On 11/10/2022 at 14:13, Skullchewer said:

Hey now, he's a shark survivor, maybe his arm doesn't work right 😉

LOL

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.