Questions from complete newbie

PorkBroth

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm completely new to airsoft and I have a few questions about it.

1. Should I just leave empty mags on the floor and move on or take it with me?

2. Is any gun allowed to be bought to any game or are there restrictions?

3. How are attachments added? e.g. Sights, Barrel, laser, et cetera.

4. Where are the best places to play? (preferably in the south)

5. What are the rules on firing mode? (Automatic and Semi)

1. Keep your empty mags with you unless you're a millionaire.

You'll need them to reload! (It's not Hollywood).

2. Generally yes, but you may have limitations when it comes to snipers or DMRs, depending on your site.

FPS rules will apply, so don't try and use a hot gun.

3. Usually via RIS rails and similar, will depend on what gun and attachments specifically.

4. I'll leave that for someone more southern.

5. Depends on the site.

Edited by Hudson

4. Depends on what you call south... 

There are a ton of places to go, but does very much depend on your willingness to trek. 

For example near Portsmouth there is the ucap bunker & green ops, ambush (botley) south coast cqb, and battle zone. 

Where as Kent, and close, has imperium, ace combat, ambush (a different one) camo raids cqb, driver wood. 

These are just a taste as thankfully we have a few great options down here. Personally I play at Mayhem (Essex/ Thadon Bois), red1 Chislehurst more often than not. But then I am public transport bound....

Also, welcome

Hello & welcome.

All bar 4 - what's been said before.

4 - you might want to narrow 'south' down a bit, you'll get recommendations that will be useful then. There's a site list website but I can't think of it right now.

Would heartily recommend you rent for a bit and get your UKARA (56 days ain't long). That way you don't spend a ton of cash and decide you don't like it, you also get to chat to other people and get advice on game days - you can always get an airsofter talking about their RIF, the challenge is getting them to stop 😂. Do all that and you'll have a much better idea of what you actually want to buy when the time comes to pull the trigger on your first RIF.

Just don't spend all your money on kit & accessories before the 56 days is up!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.