ASG CZ Shadow 2 Slide Sticking

MrTea

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Took my new CZ Shadow 2 CO2 pistol to a game the other day and was testing it at the little range to find that randomly, the slide would stick to the rear but it wasn't locking open like it was empty, the slide release didn't do anything. The slide was getting stuck on the return journey to pick up a new BB. I had to force the slide forward. When checking the ejection port, I could see a BB seated at the top of the magazine, ready to be fed. It did this on both magazines I was using which were on fresh bulbs so lack of gas/pressure wasn't the issue.

I opted to not run the pistol that day due to the issues. I got it back out today and tried running it some more to see if it was just a case of "breaking in". The problem happened once per magazine today which is significantly less but strange it's happening all the same.

Has anyone else had experience with this kind of thing?

I had the same trouble with my Shadow2, mostly because they are a poor design, never sorted it properly. 
It was  a few of years ago, WD40 dry lube and sanding off rough edges made it useable, just

3 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

I had the same trouble with my Shadow2, mostly because they are a poor design, never sorted it properly. 
It was  a few of years ago, WD40 dry lube and sanding off rough edges made it useable, just

Well that's not good to hear. Can you describe your issue in more detail and exactly what you did to make it "usable" by your standards? Jamming once per mag is annoying but not what i'd call unusable.

6 hours ago, MrTea said:

Well that's not good to hear. Can you describe your issue in more detail and exactly what you did to make it "usable" by your standards? Jamming once per mag is annoying but not what i'd call unusable.

What I’ve described is almost all I remember, except once I took the slide off it never went back right, the pin started catching on the release spring for some reason, sorry

8 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

What I’ve described is almost all I remember, except once I took the slide off it never went back right, the pin started catching on the release spring for some reason, sorry

No worries, thanks for the input anyway. I think i'll just keep running it and see if I can remedy any issues down the line. It seems to be getting better with more use.

• 3 weeks later...

Techt gun drops and liberally lube it and give the mags router rubber a slight wipe. Bet that sorts it

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.