Replica or battery problem?

Blondaiis

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello users of Airsoft-forums.uk forum!

My names is Renars and I'm from Latvia!

I am currently using a Specna arms BO-4 replica, with a 11.1V LiPo battery that has 1450 mAh, 30C (Brand: Electro river) (the battery is also good as new for 3 weeks), a MOSFET is also installed.
The problem is as follows, when shooting rounds (automatically), the replica reduces its power after about 7 balls, I wanted to ask you where the problem could be, in the battery or in the replica itself?

Because the replica is recently purchased new + source, I also perform maintenance for the replica.

If I were to buy a LiPo 11.1V battery that has a 2000mAh 30C for example, or a LiPo 2200mAh 40C, would that solve the problem?

Perhaps, someone who understands more about the battery can give a short instruction? Just understand that the bigger the mAh, the longer the battery lasts and the bigger the C number, because it allows you to shoot the balls faster.

P.S. Thanks in advance!

reduces its power after about 7 balls

Do you mean the rate of fire slows down after 7 rounds in automatic?

Or do you mean the BBs are flying out with less velocity after 7 rounds?

If it is the rate of fire, maybe the battery is bad, or the motor is bad, or your gearbox is badly shimmed, or the spring is too strong, so the amp draw is too high, and the battery cannot sustain the current, so the voltage drops as a result after 7 rounds. Or it may be the mosfet doing some sort of thermal management.

If it is less joules, then it is probably something in the gearbox or barrel and not the battery.

1 hour ago, Pseudotectonic said:

Or do you mean the BBs are flying out with less velocity after 7 rounds?

firing rate decreases after firing about 7 balls, wait a while again the first balls come out with a good speed and the rest come out with a lower speed

41 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Upload a video if you can, with sound.  If not try another battery, if you don't have one buy a 7.4v lipo. 

Isn't the 7.4 lipo battery worse than the 11.1, at least the capacity is there.

For me, I charge the battery full, then I can drive normally in AUTO mode for a while, but after a while the problem starts to appear. Therefore, I allow the idea that the battery could be to blame?

P.s. The gun is brand new, bought 2 weeks ago.

It sounds like a thermal problem, you take the gearbox out of the rifle and try to recreate the problem, and check by touching if any part is heating up when the problem appears.

Maybe the battery is heating up, maybe the wires is heating up, maybe the mosfet is heating up, maybe the motor is heating up.

If the gear box is slowing down its cycle I'd be checking for voltage sag as the fault. As to what's causing it, that could be a fair few things from excessive draw or a battery not being up to the job. 

If the battery is getting hot then swap it out for one that is rated for higher draw. If the battery isn't too hot but the motor is hot check the gearbox.

Edited by concretesnail

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.