Red Dots

nappa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It depends.

If it is primarily for show, don’t worry about it.

If you actually use it, the following manufacturers have lifetime warranty

EOTech

Vortex

Sig Sauer

Leupold

Vector (only some top end kit)

Holosun

Of these, as far as I know, only Vortex, Sig and Vector offer a no quibble, transferable warranty, which makes the sights worth loads more second hand.

32 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

It depends.

If it is primarily for show, don’t worry about it.

If you actually use it, the following manufacturers have lifetime warranty

EOTech

Vortex

Sig Sauer

Leupold

Vector (only some top end kit)

Holosun

Of these, as far as I know, only Vortex, Sig and Vector offer a no quibble, transferable warranty, which makes the sights worth loads more second hand.

LOL I would use it, good to know looks like getting a vector then :)

.. or .. buy another cheap sight and get a sight protector from Red Dot Engineering on eBay.

Quite a few of us use them, for a tenner each they're very good.
I've got one of them on all my recent purchases. 

(On my older kit I bought polycarb discs and wedged 'em in, but the RDE solutions are much better)

Yep, another advocate of Red Dot Engineering. Got one of their protectors on a clone EOTech. Fits into the recess of the sight, so no need to have a windscreen bolted to a rail. 

The other optics I've got are Vortex, so not fussed if they catch a shot.

Vector optics are a good idea if you're not too happy about splashing out a fair chunk of cash on the ones mentioned above me. 

They're good value for money, their warranties are a bit on the short side (5 years or so), however I'd stick them on par regarding quality and battery life with Vortex. My little Vector Maverick 1x22 MIL has been going good for the better part of a year on the same battery that I originally had, with mostly consistent use. Some vectors also come with a les protector so you're pretty much covered. If not, it's always good to buy a plastic rail one or one that can fit onto the optic.

I've used red dot engineering too and they are very helpful and the quality is good. 

I use real steel optics but not ones with lifetime warranties. I've not lost one yet as they all have lexan style protectors under the cowl/cover or in a printed sleeve.

Edited by concretesnail
Typing

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.