Bolle Tracker 2 Precription Insert - Or other options?

mp5a4

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, got back into airsoft after a few years out and been looking at getting a new set of rx inserts for my eyepro. Years ago I got a pair of Bolle X800s with the rx inserts but never got on with them, the insert never sat in the goggles nicely, pressing into my forehead, and was too close to my eyes so would dirty them by blinking aha.

I recently got a pair of Bolle Trackers 2s, they're super comfy; but even these with the inserts have a similar problem; I have a moderately high prescription (+4.5) and I already feel my eyelashes rubbing against them with the demo lens, i'd have to pay the extra for thin lenses and might end up with the same issue again! 

I know it's a common question but wondering what others have tried? I've seen a pair of the X1000 RXs for sale, might be worth a try; can easily use EXFog or whatever with that too

Just to add, i've tried contacts but I can only get the Monthly ones, and never found too comfortable so doesn't work out for me sadly :(

I have been through all this too. I spent loads on prescription inserts for bolle raiders but like you they sat to close to my face. Fogged instantly. The magnification was also distorted. I had never tried contact lenses but decided to try them. Sometimes they are fine others I am blinking like mad one all day feeling like I had grit in my eyes. Recently decided to buy some eye wash (the one with a cup to go over your eye) and some lens safe eye hydration drops and wow what a difference. A quick eye bath before I put the lenses in and then a drop or 2 of hydration fluid every 4 hours or so and it is so much more comfortable wearing them. Maybe an idea to try.

A million times better for vision than inserts or goggles over glasses for me bow I have solved the lens irritation issue.

I also wear glasses not as strong as yourself l, but i use ess ice glasses (here) with incerts (here) and i dont have the problem you are having with them sitting to close. As these are glasses and not googles they sit a little further forward then googles do. 

But with that said everyone head is different.  But might be worth looking at glasses rather than googles. 

• 2 months later...

Just to update this post, I picked up a pair of Guard Dog Evader 2s for the time being, fit nicely over my glasses and don't fog *too* bad. I've added a picture showing that they're impressively low profile to fit over glasses, but for me goggles are not the preferred option for general comfort.

Still looking at a pair of Bollé raiders, or maybe some ESS Crossbows with the gasket. I've considered options such as the Revision Sawfly Max as the insert fits all different Revision goggles (bullet ant etc) but would like the full seal. If anyone has tried those combos I'd love to hear.

PXL_20221203_190024214.MP.jpg

Hey, just 1 personal opinion on Raiders. If you plan on using them with the inserts as I did be aware that as the inserts sit really close to your face and I managed to fog them. Before I got the inserts in they never fogged once which disappointed me. I now use valken with DIY fans in and use contacts. Perfect vision and fans keep them fog free everytime.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.