Action Army t11

Niron

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I recently purchased a AA T11 brand new sealed out the box ofc, out the box it shoots 200fps which is pathetic NOW i do get they cant really sell high powered guns because of regulations and all that I completely understand that, and all the internals are plastic(spring guide, piston) 

now today i received an M145 spring to put into the rifle so that i can actually hit targets without spraying and praying, now here is the big issue that i find with this gun, It is impossible to upgrade the gun out the box im not sure if its a tolerance issue with the diameter of the cylinder or the spring guide but the stock trigger will not cock the gun it pulls back but immediately slams the bolt back into the cylinder, so i take this as the gun is not upgrade compatible out the box without changing the stock 0degree trigger and the cylinder with the spring guide, so basically DO NOT BUY THE ASIA VERSION OF THE T11, if you can get the American version its alot more expensive but i would assume that out the box its not such a pain to work on and it should at least shoot straight, i am extremely disappointed in the t11 seeing as i have to go blow even more cash on the gun changing every single internal part, the whole reason i bought the t11 is because it came stock with a 0 sear so that i didnt have to go an buy an expensive aftermarket sear but now i do anyway, just a heads up for you out there looking at buying the asia spec T11, Any help is more then welcome for all you airsoft pro technicians out there!!

Edited by Niron

I've had the T10 and T11 for a few years now.

Did you also change the piston?

If not, you'll want to change that if you've upgraded the spring, as it's just plastic and very light.

The trigger itself is fine, I'm still running the standard ones on mine.

Well thats weird because I’m suspecting thats it is my trigger or the spring guide that’s just not putting the piston in the right place for it to latch on properly because it does click but any slight movement will slam back the piston and bolt, Have u replaced your spring guide or is it still factory? 

and the piston is still factory because my pal said he used his t10 with everything stock for a while and it was fine, i assumed the t10 and t11 are internally not to far apart but im not sure anymore. 
also just to add ive noticed the spring guide is not straight its sits skew in the cylinder, the piston also gets really banged up by the looks of it 🫣

9F31671E-58A0-4089-AD9A-AAA9C95D8652.jpeg

84661D21-AB6B-4083-9FD3-A51FBAEA6E2E.png

E8A6FA0C-7520-4E10-AA64-41EEF8C1AAAE.png

Edited by Niron

Yes, I replaced the whole of the cylinder internals, as I use 9mm springs, not 7mm.

Standard piston will probably be okay if you keep it stock (mine was about 270fps out the box) but once you put a higher powered spring in, then you'll need a better, stronger one.

T10 and t11 were both identical internally, at least on mine.

Edited by Hudson

I also have a T11, I replaced the piston and spring but the spring guide is still the stock AA plastic one.

What is that spacer block behind the spring guide? I don't remember having one (albeit I haven't taken it apart in a while, so I might have it and never noticed)

Edited by Skara

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

Yes, I replaced the whole of the cylinder internals, as I use 9mm springs, not 7mm.

Standard piston will probably be okay if you keep it stock (mine was about 270fps out the box) but once you put a higher powered spring in, then you'll need a better, stronger one.

T10 and t11 were both identical internally, at least on mine.

Alright so a new piston and spring guide is on my shopping list.  

38 minutes ago, Skara said:

I also have a T11, I replaced the piston and spring but the spring guide is still the stock AA plastic one.

What is that spacer block behind the spring guide? I don't remember having one (albeit I haven't taken it apart in a while, so I might have it and never noticed)

Im not sure about a spacer but its only the spring guide back there when i tilt the cylinder upside down its the only thing that falls out, I’m assuming with the new spring it might be pushing the spring guide a bit more back because i have to use quite a bit of force to get the sear back into the cylinder once the trigger assembly is on. 

Edited by Niron

4 minutes ago, Niron said:

i have to use quite a bit of force to get the sear back into the cylinder once the trigger assembly is on

you what?

Are you removing the whole trigger every time? You can simply slide the spring guide stopper down!

Also, it could be that you haven't seated the spring guide correctly during reassembly, take it all apart and re-seat it.

32 minutes ago, Skara said:

you what?

Are you removing the whole trigger every time? You can simply slide the spring guide stopper down!

Also, it could be that you haven't seated the spring guide correctly during reassembly, take it all apart and re-seat it.

So i did what u said i took it apart again and put it all back together, the spring guide only slides in there is no proper seating that i can see in the cylinder it just sits on the back of the bolt handle i then deliberately put the piston in a different rotation so the trigger has something to latch onto, and it worked for about 4 shots after that it started slamming the bolt back into the cylinder so i think i found the problem and its the piston wearing out after a few shots. So a new piston is definitely needed. 

• Niron changed the title to Action Army t11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.