New Airsoft Player - Need Comms Advice Regarding What Type of Plug My Headset Has

NickD76

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am new to airsoft and am in the process of buying a decent protective gear loadout. I have a Warq helmet on order, together with the Warq headset which integrates with the helmet.

I need to figure out what type of PTT I need to buy in order to connect this headset to a Baofeng UV-5R, but after scouring the internet the only info I can find regarding which plug the headset has is:

• New Military Standard Plug
  • Can be used with "most" PTT’s.
  • Compatible with your usual PTT connector

I have no idea what a "New Military Standard Plug" is, or even which Military they are refering to... 

"Compatible with your usual PTT connector" is not much help either, since I don't have one or know what the "usual" PTT is...

Looking at the image of the plug shown on Warq's headset web page, and comparing that with plugs shown on other military headset product pages, it looks like it might be a Z-Tac U94 connector, but im not sure as I have zero experience with comms.

Would really appreciate any advice from someone with more experience regarding comms and PTT's

Anything labelled Kenwood compatible is the short answer.   Personally I think those helmets make you look like a tit but each to their own.   The Z Tac PTT should be fine but they arent great quality.  Try Code Red

Edited by EvilMonkee

22 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Anything labelled Kenwood compatible is the short answer.   Personally I think those helmets make you look like a tit but each to their own.   The Z Tac PTT should be fine but they arent great quality.  Try Code Red

Hi EvilMonkee, sorry I should have clarieifed. I know I need a kenwood style on the radio end, its the headset end I am unsure of. Any ideas what type plug that is on the Warq Headset?spacer.png

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, NickD76 said:

Hi EvilMonkee, sorry I should have clarieifed. I know I need a kenwood style on the radio end, its the headset end I am unsure of. Any ideas what type plug that is on the Warq Headset?spacer.png

That's a U94 style plug.

The bit that makes a difference is if it's wired to civilian or NATO standard. Chances are that it'll work with all the Z-Tac PTTs but wouldn't work with an Earmor one for example.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.