Airsoft Forums UK

Lets discuss the difference between cultures about guns

• Supporters
On 30/09/2022 at 11:04, Skullchewer said:

a company based in America, that loves its guns

In parts.  Facebook/Instagram/WhatApp/Meta is based in Menlo Park, California, between San Francisco and San Andreas.  Sorry, San Jose.  Looks like ~30% of households have a gun, across the whole State, but that'll be heavily weighted towards rural areas, plus all the untracked fully-semi-automatic assault-ghostguns performing involuntary wealth redistribution in the cities.

17 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah, but I think we all know what it's supposed to mean

Nope.  We've still not settled whether it's better to be a satisfied swine or a frustrated Socrates.   

Thus we often live as frustrated swine, say some. 

9 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Nope.  We've still not settled whether it's better to be a satisfied swine or a frustrated Socrates.   

Thus we often live as frustrated swine, say some. 

Blimey, since when did people become so wilfully obtuse...?

If you need me to spell out what I mean by 'greater good' then I will, but... Really?

8 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

If you need me to spell out what I mean by 'greater good' then I will, but... Really?

Apologies, I didn't intend to be obtuse.  

It was meant to be a throwaway comment referencing an old conundrum.  It certainly wasn't intended to cause you any offence.  

On 23/09/2022 at 01:00, truckinthumper said:

First, I am glad this is being civil so far. :D

I have had the pleasure of meeting many folks from all over the globe, and whenever I can I take them shooting, I do. 
I dont really know how many, but I have a hard time recalling any that did not have fun. I think one gal, but she also pissed herself over a spider, so that may not count. LOL 

I know there are many "its not legal here" attitudes, and I get it. What I do see quickly fade is the whole "taboo" thing goes away in a hurry and replaced with giggles and smiles. 
This is just a sample of what I have seen, so... take it for what it is worth. 

I just like to hear others views on many subjects, but this is one I am always curious about. 
I also believe that most people would enjoy owning multiple guns and would shoot them happily. 
My favorite people are the Asians, mainly the Japanese and Chinese. Boy, they REALLY get exciting after a few shots. Moreso than any other foreigner that comes to the USA. 

If we just set aside any laws, I will agree with all the post. There are some people just dont like guns. I understand that. It is neat how society can drill into a persons psych how guns are bad and a taboo. Why I always offer to take people shooting. 

I also see a correlation between people who live in bigger cities, have a major fear of guns, where folks from the country or more rural areas are way less skittish. No matter what part of the world they are from. THAT is the amazing part and speaks volumes.  

I have had a fair bit to do with firearms throughout my life, starting with a Lee-Enfield No4 Mk 1 and a Bren in school cadets through to the L1A1, the Sterling and the Browning Hi-Power.

I have no desire whatever to own a firearm and equally little desire to live in a country where children have to do active shooter drills at school, where loons carry firearms to go shopping, and where losers parade around in camo showing off their weaponry and their obesity in support of, or in opposition to, some aspect of government.

I far prefer the freedom of knowing that I and those that I care about are staggeringly unlikely ever to meet someone who is not a police officer or a member of the armed forces carrying a firearm over the "freedom" to own one.

Fortunately, the vast majority of people in the UK share that view.

3 hours ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Apologies, I didn't intend to be obtuse.  

It was meant to be a throwaway comment referencing an old conundrum.  It certainly wasn't intended to cause you any offence.  

Ah fugggehdabbbahdid, I appreciate that, no offence taken.  It's just a discussion on a forum that took a slightly odd turn.

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

Will you two stop being so horrendously nice and just fight already? I'm bored.

I'm on it.

14 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Ah fugggehdabbbahdid, I appreciate that, no offence taken.  It's just a discussion on a forum that took a slightly odd turn.

That's exactly what literally Hitler would have said.