Best XM177 or CAR-15 GBB?

AaronAsh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hoping for some advice from the experienced folks here. I'm in the market for a XM177 style GBB (don't mind if it's an E1 or E2 model). Which models of these do people think of as the current best, either for performance or external quality? (And parts availability!) I'm leaning towards the WE XM177 right now, but it lacks markings and I'd really like one with "COMMANDO" or "XM177" trades.

My absolute ideal would actually be a retro CAR-15 (Colt 607) without the forward assist and partial or no fence on the receiver, but it looks like only G&P makes those as GBBs and I've heard not great things about their GBBs.

Cheers!

VFC have recently released an m733 which has good reviews.

”Best” is subjective but an MWS with a receiver swap and the addition of the correct front end / stock / grip would top tier IMO…expensive though.

i would recommend the VFC 733. VFC's newer GBBs are fantastic and the 733 has latest pattern internals.

8 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

VFC have recently released an m733 which has good reviews.

”Best” is subjective but an MWS with a receiver swap and the addition of the correct front end / stock / grip would top tier IMO…expensive though.

Can confirm having done it, a combination of expensive and/or long wait times for work to be undertaken. Worth it mind... probably 🤷‍♂️.

I've got 2 WE M4 based builds , which is fundamaentally the same platform. I've had no failures with either despite a huge number of rounds through them. As a general rule I replace the barrel with a Maple leaf crazy jet and the rubber with a M/L 50 degree one. The rubber is more important than the barrel tbh. You'll need an NPAS or restrictor disk to get the power level down to site limits, I've got both and am happy with them both, mine hated the adjustable power nozzle thats available . On one of them I've got RAtec parts in the trigger nbox, but that's just 'cos I had them (they'd been sat in the draw for well over a year ) rather than because I had any issues. The boly lock can sometimes be tempremental, although I've never had any issues with mine. 

Basically I'd just replace the rubber and fit an Omega nub, maybe do the barrel if you want, then just use it until something breaks. Mine happily run Nuprol Red all year round unless the weather gets very hot like this summer then I switch to green. 

For games I run 5 mags and a speedloader, i can easily get two BB loads from one gas fill so that gives me about 300 rounds which easily last me an hour game.

9 hours ago, AaronAsh said:

Thanks Nick, that's useful info. I've gone ahead and ordered a WE XM177 - I found a shop that offers them with the correct markings CNC machined onto it, and the lack of markings was my main remaining gripe with the WE. 

Dunno if its to late but was it kyairsoft i just bought one from them

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.