Returning to Airsoft!

Steve91

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Howdy!

Apparently I've had this account for 6 years and never posted! I've just decided to get back into airsoft after a 4 year gap due to illness, covid and life stuff. First game will be in a fortnight. I'm 31 now though, so not looking forward to the aches the next day!

Local site is Airsoft GB but have also played at Gunman Tuddenham a few times. I'd like to make my way to Tower airsoft at some point too!

I've got a G&G CM16 that's in need of a new gearbox (Apparently younger me thought it'd be a good idea to make it into a DMR and I've goosed the box with an M120 spring)

Also have an ASG G36C and a CYMA G18C AEP. I'd like to have the G36 as a backup and either repair the G&G or scrap it and replace it. We'll see!

Hope to see you on the field!

Steve

• Supporters

But sadly G&G look to have priced themselves out of the market now.  Very decent guns, basic but everything works well, but with no bells or whistles and a price point closer to £200 than £100 I just can't see that they make sense any more.

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

But sadly G&G look to have priced themselves out of the market now.  Very decent guns, basic but everything works well, but with no bells or whistles and a price point closer to £200 than £100 I just can't see that they make sense any more.

Ouch! I paid 130 for mine a year back, why the hell have they gone so schizo on the price? £219 now on patrol base!! 🤯🤯

I mean, I love mine but if it had been that much Id when I was looking I’d have passed in a heartbeat! 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Dogsbody100 said:

Ouch! I paid 130 for mine a year back

No regrets at that price.  You don't get rotary this and quick-change that, but everything generally works very well together.  Ex-Workmate Eddy's G&G shoots just as well as anything that I've "upgraded" with just a nudge of the hop wheel every so often.

Stick a 2 in front of that price though and you're up to EDGE 2.0 and Gate Aster territory and it's a very different ball-bearing game.

200 notes will get you a seriously better gun than the raider, even a g&g fanboy like me would admit it too, you’re spot on with the out priced analogy. 

Silly really as you logically wouldn’t up the price for something that’s been around for a good few years now and has nothing in the way of enhancements on its original form. 

Like I said I’d have a different rif altogether if I was looking now. 

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Ahoy and welcome back.

Is the gearbox actually cracked?  G&Gs aren't particularly notorious for that.

I also got a G36C (JG) as a backup, and have ended up using it more than anything else. :D

It's not cracked, but it takes more than one pull of the trigger to actually fire. Sounds like the motor can't pull the spring back. Spring too hot maybe?

11 hours ago, Steve91 said:

I'm 31 now though, so not looking forward to the aches the next day!

The youth of today …… 😂

Welcome back. Price of everything’s gone up, hell I ordered a weapon light from one site, two months later they cancelled the order and now it’s £10 more expensive everywhere!

Not to mention having a shortlist of RIFs I’m thinking of buying that have all gone up by a small fortune in the last couple of months. Bloody supply issues and the weakest £ we’ve seen in decades …… 

• Supporters
20 hours ago, Steve91 said:

It's not cracked, but it takes more than one pull of the trigger to actually fire. Sounds like the motor can't pull the spring back. Spring too hot maybe?

Not unless you've changed out the stock one.  The factory snot-grease might have turned into wax, the trigger contacts could be just barely contacting, or the motor might be very tired.  Dive in, I'm sure you can save it.

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Not unless you've changed out the stock one.  The factory snot-grease might have turned into wax, the trigger contacts could be just barely contacting, or the motor might be very tired.  Dive in, I'm sure you can save it.

Yeah I swapped the standard spring for an M120 one years ago. Nothing to lose in taking a look though!

On 18/09/2022 at 00:03, Steve91 said:

Yeah I swapped the standard spring for an M120 one years ago. Nothing to lose in taking a look though!

Might be worth keeping the M120 and short stroking the gears, will bring the power back down and reduce cycle time a bit. 

Your issue could be battery related too if they've sat around for a long time.

I've been eyeing up Tower Airsoft too, it's quite local to me. If you want another old man to shuffle about with let me know, but you'll have to take it easy, I'm 32.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.