Modifying Airsoft to fire torpedo shaped projectiles.

Gun_Smith

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys.

Some years ago I saw a website talking about modifying air soft gun to fire torpedo shaped projectiles.

From memory it was a modification to allow the torpedo shaped air plugs to be used as air soft projectiles.

According to the website the air soft gun, with above mods and magazine were all 3D printed.

The air plugs are common place in industry. They are a soft spongy rubber. Torpedo in shape.

The website mentioned mods to the air soft gun and the magazine.

The magazine.

was said to be off shelf design (3D printed) for a firearm. Modified with internal 3D printed parts to accommodate these torpedo shaped pellets (rubber ear plugs).

When I went looking for this info recently I was unable to find anything. Or even if this was a legit 3D printed build with working mods.

Is it even possible to modify to fire these projectiles?

And if so,

Does anyone know where the 3D files and info about the build be found?

thanks.

I remember hearing about similar donkeys years ago. Iirc they had major issues with feeding. Also I'm sure the vcra says to be considered an airsoft gun it must fire spherical projectiles of no greater than 8mm

• Supporters

This seems sorta pointless?

You'd lose the ability to employ backspin which would destroy most of the effective range of an airsoft pew.

All you'd end up with is an over-powered nerf gun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.