Best pistol under £100

Dobbin66

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I wouldn’t say anything against WE pistols, plenty to choose from. My G17 performed flawlessly for the two years that I owned it, I still don’t understand why I got rid of it 🤦🏻‍♂️
Best bang for the buck however…..

A used TM that has been untampered with

You will find used ones cruising around the £100 mark

I'd hazard to say the AAP-01 as they're under £100 stock, but they have a tendency to eventually explode unless you buy some reinforced parts for it that will take it over £100 easily. That being said, mine has yet to do so...

Outside of that, I'd say an ASG or STTI mk23 plus upgrades. Out of the box they're absolutely awful (mine struggled to hit 25m and wouldn't even hop .25s), but with a few parts they become absolute beasts (mine now hits 60m accurately with .32s, which is stupid). ASG mk23 is about £60, plus new Maple Leaf autobot hop rubber (£10), hadron TDC (£15) and hadron H-arm (£10). £95 and will outshoot most rifles, though if you want to use the suppressor that comes with it you'll need to take it apart and take out the inner barrel extension or you'll have a pocket DMR; they're about 1.5J+ with that extension because joule creep is a big thing with gas guns. However, you can run it without the suppressor no problem at all and it's still fairly quiet.

Outside of that... Second hand TM will be your best bet. I would never touch a WE as while I know some people have had success with them, the vast majority of stories I hear are horror stories with those.

My honest opinion to most though is if you're playing normally (as in, not sniping or using something with an MED), just take the hit and buy a stock TM and do absolutely nothing to it. They're fantastic pistols and will do everything you need them to do out of the box unless you're using a sniper/DMR and need a secondary that can basically be a primary.

Yes I agree. We pistols are good value for money. Have had my m9 for years with no probs at all. Bit clanky but does the job well. 

AAP isn't a bad pistol like has already been said but it will shit itself. Some seem to do it quicker than others. Mine being the first gen died quite quickly!

A few mates have WE glocks and haven't had any issues.

The cheaper MK23's tend to have issues, even with upgrades as the QC isn't great. A standard TM MK23 or any stock TM pistol is a good choice.

I haven't heard or seen great things from anything that's Raven or Vorsk. But others may be able to tell you different.

I pick a pistol by its looks. They'll just cool to hold and use, often find myself in the garage fiddling with my pistols for no reason at all 😂

17 hours ago, leadly said:

I pick a pistol by its looks. They'll just cool to hold and use, often find myself in the garage fiddling with my pistols for no reason at all 😂

Me too! ... and it brings up an important point:   if you're more in to the gun pr0n aspect of airsoft where the realism is a cool thing that really gives you the 'fizz' when you're racking the slide, then you'll be looking for an all-metal pistol for the full effect.   But if you actually want your pew-pew to pew and then pew some more - especially when it's cold outside - then the plastic slide of a TM has already impressed me with its ability.  Previously my cheap all-metal pistol had just became a paperweight and a waste of gas when the temperature dipped. 

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Previously my cheap all-metal pistol had just became a paperweight and a waste of gas when the temperature dipped. 

This is for me as well. I have two 1911s, one TM, one is a really old Bell. The Bell feels by far the best; it's weighty and it has all accurate trademarks because I bought it back when everyone shoved trademarks on everything without a care in the world (my m203 is the same and I love it). However, getting the Bell 1911 to shoot in any season that isn't summer is hell (though part of that is because of the tiny 1911 mags and their tiny gas reservoirs). However, it's an issue I see with all the metal pistols at my local site during winter; the tell-tale *click-pssssssshhhhhhhhhhh* of venting gas because they can't cycle properly in the cold.

Every blowback I own is a TM, apart from the AAP-01 and the aforementioned display piece of a Bell. The plastic slides are just so practical and they work all year round, even in winter on green gas. I just put 144a in them in the warmer weather to make sure they don't explode, but I ran a 1911 on green gas for years all year round with no issues. Just wouldn't want to push my luck!

I agree

I have a full metal Hi Capa that still hasn’t been skirmished

it shoots good, but is damn heavy on the belt

And an all plastic TM G17 which is very light, works in colder weather on 144a and is accurate to a surprising range, which I picked up for a steal 🤫

Not the answer you want but..

I've been playing for 24 years, seen and used many Pistols over my time and by far the best you can get for the UK is a TM.

I would save up and buy a TM p226 (used to own, wish I didn't sell) , Glock or even the USP 9mm (I have this, its gawjus).

You cant beat a TM for its reliability and ability to run in the cold, and even the lower power gas is perfectly reasonable, we had it for many years before green gas was a thing.
Also best thing about some TM models is the amount of custom parts you can get for them if you wish to upgrade or run a metal slide.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Dobbin66 said:

Have seen a TM GLOCK 26 in classified 

very tempted

This 'un?    A decent choice, if you bagged it.  If not, that's an example of what to grab when they do come up - an unmeddled example, ideally with a spare mag, no "fUlLy UpGrAdEd" claims, at a reasonable price.

I can't vouch for it personally just yet (Hurry up the 25th!) but the AAP-01 seems like a great choice for a decently well performing pistol, I managed to snag one for cheap but you'll often see them going for £80-100 on here usually with an extra mag or two. Personally I'd avoid all the ones with pre-upgraded stuff in them, never worth trusting other people's tech skills after all the "Fully upgraded" or "Upgraded" guns I've seen and sometimes bought.

I can however vouch for what other people are saying about TM Glocks. I used to own a TM G17 back when I started the hobby and it was by far one of my favourite pistols (In fact I've reached out to my mate who I sold mine to a few years ago to see if I can buy it back after my AAP-01 gave me some nostalgia about it). Obviously biggest problem is making sure you take care of them by using the correct gas throughout the year but honestly they're great pistols.

I grabbed a WE G19 a few years back for £100 and it has been a very good purchase.

Any TM pistol you can find for £100 would be a sound buy too.

Fire Support had a few around that price point not that long ago.

I have a second hand TM 1911.  It's reliable.  It does what you need a pistol to do.

My lad has a well abused G17.  When it finally refused to cycle (after two years plus IIRC), I must have cleaned about two ounces of crap out of it.  The side was damaged by all the grit graunching around in it.  Wet and dry and grease fixed it good as new.  

You can fuck about with other makes and get good results, but I'd rather buy once, cry once.  

• 4 weeks later...

I’m a bit late to the party but here goes.

In my experience, if you’re look at around the £100 your best bet is either the AAP-01, a used TM or a MK.23

AAP-01 are great fun but are lacking realism as they aren’t based on real firearms ( more a cross between a Glock and a ruger mk4)

TM pistols - don’t let plastic put you off, great pistols, perform well and lots of possible upgrades.

Previously said, ASG MK.23 are not the best out of the box but a few simple upgrades can really change that and still have enough change from £100 for a pint or two. 

Or be a bit different, Umarex H8r CO2 revolver are fun

never had any luck with WE, found them quite unreliable but that could have just been bad luck.

pistols owned in the past:

3x WE glock 17 / 18.

WE M&P

3x ASG MK.23

TM 1911

TM HK.45

TM Sig P226

TM M&P V-custom

TM Glock 17

AAP-01

Umarex H8R 

I bagged a pistol on here for a bargain, WE f226, 3 mags £60. 

If you are patient, I'm sure more bargains will appear, I had a blast using it for the first time, had my favourite kills of the weekend.

Do ensure that you are happy with holster....

On 13/10/2022 at 13:59, heroshark said:

You should buy a pistol of some sort and then just buy more and more. Till you have lots. You all know I'm right.

This sounds like justification of an addiction....let's ignore the fact that I am currently hunting down another pistol.... 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.