12hr batsim @ the kingdom

concretesnail

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Afternoon all. There's a 12hr battle sim event with op-tac this weekend and Im going as a solo for the cartel faction, as the others I generally play with can't attend. Just wondered if anyone else is heading there to play?

Hahaha, hopefully there will be less rubber, 12hrs it's going to chafe.

For some reason it's what they have been calling it, but it's like a milsim with less stitch counting and less kit restrictions.

6 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

Hahaha, hopefully there will be less rubber, 12hrs it's going to chafe.

For some reason it's what they have been calling it, but it's like a milsim with less stitch counting and less kit restrictions.

So... simulating the battle rather than the military ?
That's a good idea, must widen the number of people who can potentially attend (although it'd lose the stitch counters, so ... swings 'n' roundabouts). 
I'd not have the appropriate kit for most of the mil-sim events I've seen discussed, I've kind of written them off as a thing I'd do.   This could appeal.

I've done a few of this type of event, although not with op-tac. I prefer the longer engagements and more complex objectives. I've also found that they draw more experienced and honest players, less youtube fodder and better team/strategic play. 

I'm not one for uniforms and all that either, so i play in good, comfortable gear and clothing which features shades of gray, khaki and olive at best and couldn't meet a lot of milsim dress codes.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, concretesnail said:

Ah, fair enough. I like "filmsim" to describe that sort of event - and I like that sort of event.

22 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

That's a good idea, must widen the number of people who can potentially attend (although it'd lose the stitch counters, so ... swings 'n' roundabouts). 

Imo losing the stitch bitches would be a good thing as they put me off going to milsim events, so something like this appeals to me. 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Imo losing the stitch bitches would be a good thing as they put me off going to milsim events

Having been one in a previous life/hobby, the reason I avoid proper milsim events is that I wouldn't want to be in the worst kit there.

Area-66 ran a WW2 event recently, as one of their marshals and his mates are into that, with vehicles and deacs and all sorts.  The turnout was very low, partly because it was the last weekend before the schools went back, but I reckon a fair number of folk looked at the great WW2 impression kit in the promos and - even though they said everybody was welcome, just don't use modern magazine pouches - thought "Well, I'll look pretty daft next to that."

13 hours ago, concretesnail said:

Filmsim would be a better description i think.

Battlesim tends to be night or evening play and bivvies rather than tents.  I have done a few now, at least they were run like that.    

It's a bit more immersive than rifs down and beers out at 5pm.  

27 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Words

Unfortunately my experience of the stitch counters is that the vast majority seem to have their head up their arse to such an extent that they think everyone must have the same amount of knowledge as them, even if you've only been involved in the scene for 5 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I certainly don't expect to be spoon fed, but shitting on someone for asking questions or the most minor things like how their boots are laced up is just being a cunt for the sake of it. If you ever visited the Red Alliance forum you'll know what I mean

If you like FilmSim with no attitude and no stitch counters try the Cold War and Vietnam scenes as done by Gunman Airsoft.  Think the site is FilmSim.co.uk for a list of upcoming events. A cheap way into Cold War filmsim is an AK and a KLMK oversuit.  Cheap Soviet belt and ammo pouch and done.  Probably get this for under £50

Edited by EvilMonkee

@evilmonkee ill certainly look that up. Had a good time at the kingdom, a good site and the Marshall team did a good job and the selection of objectives and they way they were fed into the day was enjoyable.

Edited by concretesnail

I'll second Evilmonkee.  I do one game per month and enjoy them far more than a regular skirmish.  This month is Namsoft with post-apocalypse type silliness next.  

By far the most memorable games that I have played.   

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.