Most efficient storage for rifles in a Studio flat.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a tall glass fronted bookcase that I intend to use for my rifles and I’m just going to hang a texas flag over the front to conceal them if I have anyone stay in that room.

my advice is tell your landlord and any immediate neighbours.

also don’t go trying to hide them behind false backed wardrobes or anything, keep them tidy and concealed if you wish but not hidden, if someone comes in and sees them hidden away without knowing you’re an airsofter, you may get an unpleasant visit from an armed response unit. People will be far more likely to think something is illegal if it’s hidden away rather than more out in the open.
Also have some photos out of you at Airsoft events carrying the rifles with friends etc, makes people feel more comfortable about it all. 

4 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

At this point it also needs a bed, running water and something to cook on and it is several problems solved at once

I know a man who is quite adept at designing ISO conversions, we’ve spent/invested a good sum of taxpayers money getting some produced for various solutions

39 minutes ago, Matt.2504 said:

I have a tall glass fronted bookcase that I intend to use for my rifles and I’m just going to hang a texas flag over the front to conceal them if I have anyone stay in that room.

my advice is tell your landlord and any immediate neighbours.

also don’t go trying to hide them behind false backed wardrobes or anything, keep them tidy and concealed if you wish but not hidden, if someone comes in and sees them hidden away without knowing you’re an airsofter, you may get an unpleasant visit from an armed response unit. People will be far more likely to think something is illegal if it’s hidden away rather than more out in the open.
Also have some photos out of you at Airsoft events carrying the rifles with friends etc, makes people feel more comfortable about it all. 

Very strong point there - store appropriately, safely & securely.  Then add those in context when travelling and 99% of issues that come up are solved 

Hiding and stored ‘out of obvious sight’ can be two very different things

Personal circumstances will vary, but I’m assuming the OP wants a good ‘out of obvious sight’ solution rather than surreptitious hiding 

The local Bobby is aware that I’ve a good stash of various guns that could look attractive to ‘illegal doers’ and could spark off an armed response if seen out where they shouldn’t 

I use an IKEA Pax wardrobe, It’s still a work in progress but it’s holding, so far, two carbines, two long rifles, and 5 pistols all in individual soft cases. It also holds my ammo, gas tac gear and maintenance and cleaning kits. 

I have added a fingerprint lock and intent to and more ‘mods and upgrades’. I’m thinking of using the back of the door to add magazine storage racks maybe.

I like it because it’s unassuming, blends in with other furniture and endlessly customisable.

535B97C5-A88D-473D-A168-9EED6621FBD7.jpeg

511FAF2B-DBAC-4548-80CA-F91B3AD5805D.jpeg

8 hours ago, truckinthumper said:

Is there a law that says they must be out of plain view? 
Stack 'em in the corner and toss a sheet over them.

I just dont understand this thread... LOL  

He’s going to overdose on tinder and doesn’t want to scare them off as he gets them in the door

Or being a studio flat it’s pretty much open plan and he doesn’t have a spare room to put them out of sight of anyone who visits 

On a legal basis there’s either general visibility if the flat is overlooked and doesn’t want someone calling in the police because they saw guns, or there is also a potential offence of having insecure airweapons if a minor ever accesses the property

(Technically ‘air weapon’ doesn’t necessarily apply to airsoft anymore due to Firearms act redefinition of airsoft, but it’s good practice anyway)

5 hours ago, Tommikka said:

He’s going to overdose on tinder and doesn’t want to scare them off as he gets them in the door

actually LOL'd at this 😂

We use those PAX wardrobes as ... well ... wardrobes, they must be 7 years old and still look like they were put together yesterday. The drawers are also good but you need to be wary of door hinges as they'll foul them - although they may have sorted that issue since we got ours (baskets are fine).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.