WE Browning Hi-Power mags compatibility.

k.a

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Funny you say that mate, my latest one (had one before when they first came out and it did have that issue) received last month from 6mm, I forgot and left the mag in the gun overnight and the firing pin thingy didn't break, also accidentally inserted the mag couple of times without racking the slide and it's still ok, maybe WE has sorted it but I do still rack the slide before inserting the mag just incase, that is if I remember :  ( .

In regards to the mags the reason I asked as HK retailers are selling them as old version/m1935 ones and MKIII :

http://armypanda.com/products/WE-Browning-Hi%2dPower-MK3-Original-Magazine-.html

and was hoping anyone with first hand experience could clarify.

I had the same issue on my non traded one that I bought soon as they were released mate, took three months for KY to send me the replacement, this is a new one I bought in Aug, though above mentioned was only by accident but the firing pin hasn't broke, not saying they have but made me wonder if they have rectified the issue.

I sold the old one a while back as I wanted one with trades but do remember it breaking it within a hour of use as I wasn't aware of the issue, I don't recall it ever being a problem on the old version with tangent sights and the bit that breaks seems identical so maybe it was a QC issue, not saying improved the mechanism, that like yourself I doubt very much and not taking any chances neither but hoping that are using better quality monkey metal for part #30.     

Yeah mechanism vary but all GBB's will have the provision for the striker to be out of hams way when inserting a mag, Tanaka used the WA Magna R gas system, outdated but proven, my two cents worth I think the problem is WE making the internals with cheese.

Sure they're not great but I've got a few WE pistols and the Hi-Power is the only one with this problem.

They used a stiff spring as the striker with the theory that it can flex up when the mag is inserted.  The problem is the attachment point of the spring is too weak.

Yeah, if it was made of steel it would probably work.

I am happy with my We TT33 and Colt Juniors/ Ct25,  and sold the broken browning to a friend with the promise of sourcing the replacement part so not really familiar with the inner workings but still happy with the one I have now and only sold the other one as it didn't have trades. TBH greatfull that they did the MK III and can live with issue, will  buy a few replacement from Ky next time I place a order with them.

I still find it very strange that no other companies have made a HP-MK3 considering how ubiquitous it was.

But there are endless variations of less iconic pistols.

Edited by EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.