Buying from JKArmy?

StayOnTarget

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey folks,I'm wanting to buy a rif from JKArmy in Japan.

Hoping for some advice before I take the plunge.

Should I email them to check on stock?

Are they reliable with their shipping and tracking?

Will I have to pay HM Coustoms when my order reaches old blighty?

Thanks for your time 

I've bought a couple of RIFs from them (a few years ago).  They arrived after a couple of weeks with nothing extra to pay.

Keep in mind that things can still go wrong with postage and I may have been lucky with import inspections but I think they are a reliable and trustworthy company.

Definitely ask about availability first to be safe.

1 hour ago, StayOnTarget said:

1) In theory you shouldn't need to.

2) About the same as any of the retailers over there. Quite often the courier tracking information is: We have it - It's Left Origin - Look down idiot, it's on your lap

3) Ask the magic 8 Ball, it really is a matter of "luck" - In theory you should have to.

1 minute ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

1) In theory you shouldn't need to.

2) About the same as any of the retailers over there. Quite often the courier tracking information is: We have it - It's Left Origin - Look down idiot, it's on your lap

3) Ask the magic 8 Ball, it really is a matter of "luck" - In theory you should have to.

Mate thanks for the funny reply and good information.

So I'm guessing you've had experience with jkarmy? 

Will coustoms contact me if I do have to cough up?

I've ordered from China before but not on this scale

Thanks again 👍

Yeah quite a bit of experience with them and other Asian retailers. I did once have a RIF I ordered from JK, seized and destroyed by Border Force. Fortunately I got a full refund through PayPal. Another time (different retailer) Border Force asked the local Police to come and have a word with me about my import (that RIF was also seized).

I have UKARA but that doesn't help if they misdeclare it to be "Toy Parts, $10"

My advice would be only purchase something if it can't be bought over here. Don't do it because you're saving £20 or so. It really is seemingly random, how smoothly the process goes.

I never buy RIFs from Asia because of all the nightmare stories I hear from people about RIFs being seized and destroyed and police visits and stuff. However, I have bought parts from JKArmy and they were reliable and got them posted out pretty fast. Was AAP ruger conversion parts and they arrived quickly and without any issue or difficulties in transit.

I'm after a VFC BCM,just can't seem to find them anywhere in the UK 

Which is a bugger as I'd rather support a business here even if it cost more.

Is there a way to contact the border patrol and let them know what my package is and when its coming?

Thanks again to you both for your time honestly it really does help 👍👍

No worries at all, happy to share my experiences etc. That's what we're here for.

I hate to say it and it's probably more expensive but you may well be safer buying from evike. You'll almost have to pay import taxes but at least you know they declare it properly. Although not sure about the power issue 🤔

3 hours ago, StayOnTarget said:

Hey folks,I'm wanting to buy a rif from JKArmy in Japan.

Hoping for some advice before I take the plunge.

Thanks for your time 

JKArmy are in Hong Kong not Japan.

They have a pretty good process for buying RIFs into the UK, even a dedicated field to stick your UKARA

they will declare the package's value correctly so you'll most likely have to pay VAT and a handling charge when it gets here

also what do you plan on buying? might be able to help further 

2 hours ago, StayOnTarget said:

I'm after a VFC BCM,just can't seem to find them anywhere in the UK 

Which is a bugger as I'd rather support a business here even if it cost more.

Is there a way to contact the border patrol and let them know what my package is and when its coming?

Thanks again to you both for your time honestly it really does help 👍👍

I believe a couple airsoft stores in France have them in stock, along with the BCM mags

Edited by DestrO

15 minutes ago, StayOnTarget said:

Have you used any of the French stores?

I'll have a look see and then make a decision 

Thanks for the input 👍 

ive personally used Airsoft Entrepot to import a RIF. they were very helpful and stuck my UKARA on the box when i requested. took under a week to arrive (this was a few  months ago)

Edited by DestrO

13 hours ago, StayOnTarget said:

Have you used any of the French stores?

I'll have a look see and then make a decision 

Thanks for the input 👍 

I've used Powair6 before. Really good and fast service. 

On 09/09/2022 at 09:56, C-Diddy said:

I've used Powair6 before. Really good and fast service. 

Powerair6 were good for me when I ordered my goggles from them. Took about 4 days from dispatch to receiving them.

WGC Shop are very good as well. JKArmy are good.  Just try to avoid anyone who uses UPS to ship as they are fucking awful.  I usually go with EMS as its Parcelforce that handles them this end and to date not had any issues with them other than taking a while recently to charge me for my FAL.

13 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

WGC Shop are very good as well. JKArmy are good.  Just try to avoid anyone who uses UPS to ship as they are fucking awful.  I usually go with EMS as its Parcelforce that handles them this end and to date not had any issues with them other than taking a while recently to charge me for my FAL.

I spoke to WGC yesterday, they'll only ship RIFs UPS :( 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.