StewJohnson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  Yes, you'll discover muscles that you never knew you had, as well as soft and fragile bits.

The best initial advice is don't blow the kids' inheritance on an armoury of two-tones.  You'll get a bit hit of adrenaline from both playing and purchases, but the classifieds are full of "never/barely skirmished" guns.  Best to rent until you have a defence and are sure you'll stick with the hobby, or at least keep a rein on spending.  Footwear, eye and face protection are the first priorities, shooty things come later.

Tips on playing are just: call your hits regardless of what's going on around you, and never take any of it too seriously, even if others are.  It's just dress-up and hide-and-seek with toy guns at the end of the day.

Welcome to the club. If it was me I would buy good Eyepro first, nothing spoils a day of fun playing Cowboys and Indians when every 30 seconds you cant see due to fogging and the obvious hazards that come with having your vison impaired. 

In my experience people that share the same hobby love talking about it. Use the time before you buy to ask people about any kit you like the look of, 9 times out of 10 I bet they will let you have a go to.  

Hi pal, yeah I've purchased a basic eye pro for the spot we went to which seemed not to fog up yet, and Roger I love the 1911 so I'm hopefully going to try get one of those haha. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactical-Protective-Survival-Paintball-Role-Playing/dp/B09H6M9N9Q/ref=asc_df_B09H6M9N9Q?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80814232605788&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=m&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584413755339792&psc=1

Would this be effective enough do you think 

Whatever pistol you buy make sure mags are easy to come by, I bought an ASG CZ P-09 then quickly realised I can't find mags anywhere barring importing and even then there's few choices. Ended up finding a classified ad on here for the same pistol with two mags and some other bits such as holsters for the same price I paid for my gun and only been skirmished once, I bought it for £100 just for the mags but a good deal really because I would of paid £50-£70 for the mags even if in stock in UK so I technically got the pistol and accessories for the change but I was lucky in that regard. Love the pistol fits my hands really well but its just not easy to come by mags. Food for thought!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, StewJohnson said:

I honestly wouldn't like to say.  Some of those no-brand Amazon and eBay specials have reasonable polycarb lenses, some don't.  Price is no indicator.  Apologies, I don't run an integrated helmet-and-mask, so I can't point you at anything specific.

Reputable brands are Dye, Valken (I run an MI-7, you can remove the peak and fit it with a helmet), Bolle, Revision, Pyramex (the I-Force dual pane glasses).  I you want to go full face, you can use any paintball[*] rated eye/face protection for airsoft, just not the other way around.

[*] Sold by actual paintball suppliers, e.g. https://www.justpaintball.co.uk/collections/paintball-masks-goggles rather than Amazon "paintball airsoft motorcycle action army adventure skydiving fancy dress..." style sellers.

Hello & welcome.

I'll let @Shamal tell you about @GAMBLE's YouTube channel 😉

Glad you had fun, you'll stop aching eventually! Good plan on renting, it'll stop you making an impulse buy and then regretting it later. If you're itching to buy stuff then I'd recommend getting other kit like eyepro, boots etc - it's certainly what I'm doing right now.

Best tip I can give is to have a gander at @GAMBLE. He is on this forum and on the tube thing.

He will be able to give you plenty of hints and tips regarding guns and equipment plus action videos to get you playing like a veteran 👍

enjoy your new hobby and call your hits 🙂

regards 

Hi @StewJohnson 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Glad you enjoyed your first game, your body will adapt and get fitter. Play by the rules and watch your bank account! 😂👍

Thanks @Madhouse and @Shamal for the mentions! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.