Am I Now An Airsoft W**ker?

Fatboy40

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The clamp type? The one i was running had no trouble clearing rounds with the mag out and gun right side up.

Only the first one that's already in the chamber though, surely? How would any other actually get up the feed tube?

50 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Only the first one that's already in the chamber though, surely? How would any other actually get up the feed tube?

image.png.74e4d51bd65341d03728db9562aeeacc.png

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Lozart said:

to pinch your image now i'm on pc;

Maxx_CNC_Aluminum_Hopup_Chamber-1__80525.jpg.e6aeb03d19842ef83dec8fd55d087154.jpg

the left-hand variant, the clamp puts just enough upward pressure that the rounds feed into the chamber, although i can see how a stickier round might struggle.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the rounds feed into the chamber

One, I could see, but how can it move multiple BBs upwards once there's nothing under the bottom one? 😕

NzE3NDY3.gif

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

One, I could see, but how can it move multiple BBs upwards once there's nothing under the bottom one? 😕

tbf, bb's are round, you look at them from any angle they're round, so rounds is a technically accurate term to use, it's the real steel guys who have the wrong terminology, should call 'em pointies :P

as for the feeding, the split feed tube is sprung closed, and when closing it's not quite straight but pinched in, add in the rattle of firing and it's just enough to keep them moving upwards.

at least that was my experience, drop the mag and you could fire everything in the feed tube with reasonable reliability, but as with all things airsoft ymmv.

• Supporters

Ohhh, I think I get it.   Does the picture above actually represent the unit when the mag is inserted, then?  And when it's out, that arm on the left drop down and levers half of the tube up inside itself?

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Ohhh, I think I get it.   Does the picture above actually represent the unit when the mag is inserted, then?  And when it's out, that arm on the left drop down and levers half of the tube up inside itself?

Yeah, the tab at the back is pushed up by the new mag opening the lever, when removed it springs back down

That lever doesn't push the remaining BBs up into the unit, it's just there to prevent BBs from falling.

Whenever I'm done playing I always release those BBs, turn the gun upside down to fire the one in the chamber.

seeing this thread, i now have the urge to return to my old Nuprol pioneer defender AEG and fettle with it.   

i fitted a MAXX tracer hop unit (along with a prommy purple bucking and a firefly namazu nub) and i was fiddling with it over lockdowns. the last i recall it was feeding reliably on test shots,  but then i came across the tippmann and i fell to the dark side....

after getting the tippmann, the nuprol became one of my backup guns,  but aside from the occasional dry fire to ensure it still functions, it has not been used in almost a year now.  will probably take it to a range tomorrow and see how its performing, as i may bring it out as my primary for the upcoming AI500 rather than lugging the much heavier tippmann and HPA tank around

On 06/09/2022 at 10:05, RostokMcSpoons said:

Luke at Neg Airsoft loudly dissing them and bigging up the ZCI hops.  That usually carries some weight...?

negative by name, negative by nature...

i dont pay much attention to NA...   he just seems to slag off anything that he didnt build, and anything he just doesnt like..  which seems to be a lot.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.