UK POST - AI500, Operation Flashpoint, 1st & 2nd October 2022

Dalerj94

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

All I can say is that anyone that feels mugged off by the AI500, or even the NAF, you've kinda got yourself to blame, historically both events have a very chequered & well publicised history, AI events have pretty much always been crap, sometimes mediocre crap, but more often than not absolute dogshit crap, & the NAF is what it is, it's good & bad points have been well documented & fairly consistent, so players should know what to expect & know whether that's what they want out of an event. 

Google, forums, & even fb is your friend, piss easy to consult them before you pay your deposits & potentially piss your hard earned down the shitter😏

truewisdomistoask-fire-lisn-m-asinistar22-always-seek-knowledge-20348772.png

Strange, the two people shouting the praises haven't been back on this thread to tell us how wrong we were.....

Also as a point of order, if your head marshal "takes a tumble" that needs hospital....what kinda site are you using?!

7 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Strange, the two people shouting the praises haven't been back on this thread to tell us how wrong we were.....

Also as a point of order, if your head marshal "takes a tumble" that needs hospital....what kinda site are you using?!

Accidents happen , it's not necessarily down to the site as I've seen people give themselves severe breaks from stepping off a curb badly . The rest of the weekend however is down to AI

10 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

I don't know the exact details as I was nowhere near it, but from what I understand it was a collision with a player where they didn't see each other. Wasn't just a tumble, it was an assisted tumble.

Not sure if I'm one of the two people, as I wasn't shouting praises but at the same time I wasn't entirely negative about the event. As I posted in the other thread, I had fun and enjoyed the weekend. The negatives were that there were too many players for the site, leading to meat grinder chokepoints, not enough marshalls for the too many players and some truly special players who used the godmode cheat before we started playing which was only made worse by not having enough marshalls. There were a lot of great people there, but there were also a lot of utter twats though a lot of the former left early and Sunday was much improved for it! The lack of chrono wasn't as big a deal for me as when I started airsoft nobody chronoed and there were never issues as well as Vietnam games typically not running a chrono and never having any issues, though from what I've heard they really needed to because airsofters nowadays are a truly special bunch; apparently one of the speedsofters on the tan team was running a HPA pistol on .32s at 500fps, or around 3.7J once you do the maths. A bit much for CQB.

The only other negative I can think of was a personal one; they didn't allow BASRs at all, even if they were 1J and running .28s like every AEG, and as I've gone on about earlier in the thread the "DMR" rules were pointless. I would've loved to bring one of my 1J BASRs to play how I did (it would've worked well) or at least my m21 (though that's a personal regret as there were no rules against that for me).

So, that's a bunch of negatives, so how did I have fun? I basically just played it my own way and had a lot of fun doing so. Working out where the long distance and/or concealed firing positions were, and making myself as small a target as possible was enjoyable and I got some amazing shots with the MWS, though I actually wish I brought the HPA m21 instead with a GBB pistol sidearm rather than a GBBR MWS and a NBB mk23 sidearm. None of my guns are as consistent on .28s, which I was running because I wasn't about to be a cheater by using heavier ammo than what was allowed, and shots were nowhere near as accurate as I'm used to, so I'm setting them all back to .32s this weekend!

And it was a good workout, though I won't be repeating the experience; I far prefer my lightweight sniper setups. I took my heaviest loadout with the MWS and 8 gas magazines (1 in the MWS, 7 in the kit) inside a plate carrier with weighted training plates and on the belt with 4 spare pistol mags. I think all in all I was carrying about 20kg of kit and because I didn't bring any alternatives I kept it all loaded up all weekend. I was so dead on Sunday evening 🤣

Also, the social side was fantastic. Hanging out with a bunch from Worthing Airsoft was really fun and meeting other like-minded individuals on green team was just as good. There were plenty of great people there who acknowledged that we were a bunch of nerds playing silly BB wars in a disused shopping mall. Again, I posted it in the other thread as well, but we found a pile of assorted mall junk including a bunch of clothing so naturally the only way we were going to the day #2 brief was in "costume"

310217950_10160171185525688_7280500092494961839_n.thumb.jpg.9d447e1b6546b0cb8a4faa9ffb29f0cd.jpg

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Impulse said:

apparently one of the speedsofters on the tan team was running a HPA pistol on .32s at 500fps, or around 3.7J once you do the maths.  A bit much for CQB.

Liiiiitle bit.

eiCvSg.gif

How did that become apparent, and what were the consequences?

Running at 3.7j is seriously irresponsible.  I'd be interested in knowing just what happened about it too.  That's off site with a clip around the ear at least implied should the fool ever return.   

45 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

How did that become apparently, and what were the consequences?

30 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

Running at 3.7j is seriously irresponsible.  I'd be interested in knowing just what happened about it too.  That's off site with a clip around the ear at least implied should the fool ever return.   

Not 100% sure as it's hearsay, but heard from one of the tan team that they got booted straight away.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Impulse said:

heard from one of the tan team that they got booted straight away

And then, a risk to safety having been clearly identified, the day was halted until everybody had been chronoed using site ammo, right?

Riiiiiiight?

To be clear, I don't blame AI for it happening, because, like hit-dodging, it's not something that they can magically prevent.

What matters is their response when it does happen.

"Phew, glad we found the one person on site doing that, glad it'll never happen again." isn't ideal.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

And then, a risk to safety having been clearly identified, the day was halted until everybody had been chronoed using site ammo, right?

Riiiiiiight?

To be clear, I don't blame AI for it happening, because, like hit-dodging, it's not something that they can magically prevent.

What matters is their response when it does happen.

"Phew, glad we found the one person on site doing that, glad it'll never happen again." isn't ideal.

It was during chrono. They did delay the start to the games on the second day so that they could chrono everyone after players let their thoughts known on the lack of chrono, but not using site ammo so an element of chrono dodging could still be done, but at least not as much as not chronoing at all.

And then the tan team started shooting at us while we were still chronoing because one of the tan players shouted game on as a prank and their whole team rushed out of their spawn and started shooting us in the back. Marshalls quickly stopped that and sent them back, though not sure exactly what they did about that player, as they only found out after the event when the guy bragged about it on social media.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Impulse said:

It was during chrono

During the voluntary chrono that they said they wouldn't be enforcing?  Doubting why someone running over 3x the allowed power level would show up to that. Even if specifically told to chrono, you could just feign gun problems and go and dial it down.

Also, their published policy - as noted earlier, but it may have changed now - is that the only punishment for hot guns was putting them away.  So I agree with kicking anyone running that hot off the site, but their published policy of not doing that rather invited it.

I know, this is all anecdotal, it's not aimed at you.  It's just that there clearly is no basis for trust at these big events, and that running them on a reactive, hope-for-the-best way is a woeful failure of the most basic duty of care.

53 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

During the voluntary chrono that they said they wouldn't be enforcing?  Doubting why someone running over 3x the allowed power level would show up to that. Even if specifically told to chrono, you could just feign gun problems and go and dial it down.

Also, their published policy - as noted earlier, but it may have changed now - is that the only punishment for hot guns was putting them away.  So I agree with kicking anyone running that hot off the site, but their published policy of not doing that rather invited it.

I know, this is all anecdotal, it's not aimed at you.  It's just that there clearly is no basis for trust at these big events, and that running them on a reactive, hope-for-the-best way is a woeful failure of the most basic duty of care.

No, not voluntary chrono. Second day they rounded everyone up for chrono and put stickers on guns that passed. Found without a sticker? Kicked off. I think the punishment of putting it away is generally for people who aren't taking the piss; maybe you're running a gas gun and due to temperature it has gone up to 1.2J or something. However, in that regard I'd probably put that the punishment for failing chrono is you'll get sent home, but then if I get that scenario I'd just tell the player to put the gun away.

HPA wankers will always be HPA wankers who dial down their regulator for chrono, then jack it all the way up afterwards. They were doing random chronos in game on day 2 as well though and I got random chrono'd myself.

• Supporters

Well, that's better, if belated.  And goes to show what a soapy-shouldering lie it was to say that there was no way they could chrono that many players.

50 minutes ago, Impulse said:

They were doing random chronos in game on day 2 as well though and I got random chrono'd myself.

Using site BBs, or did they just trust you?

48 minutes ago, Impulse said:

HPA wankers will always be HPA wankers who dial down their regulator for chrono, then jack it all the way up afterwards

Yup. #NotAllHPAWankers, but every time I've been mashed up in CQB, it's been by an HPA wanker.  DMRs, HPA, I'd sod them both off.

On 05/10/2022 at 08:06, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Anyone can take a tumble at any time at any site. I know I have lol.

Took a 'tumble' at work last Wednesday week. Well I say tumble. I was helped by a thirteen foot plank which hit me in side of head. Sparked me out.result fractured jaw, heamatoma and massive infection due to biting a hole in my cheek. Took the rest of the day off though so not all bad 🤣

57 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Using site BBs, or did they just trust you?

Trust, but even so getting BBs out of those MWS mags to put site BBs in would've been a pain in the backside. GBBR mags are a pain to load and unload.

58 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Yup. #NotAllHPAWankers, but every time I've been mashed up in CQB, it's been by an HPA wanker.  DMRs, HPA, I'd sod them both off.

Don't get me wrong, I love my HPA setups, but unfortunately there are a bunch of wankers who make us all look bad 😠

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

Trust, but even so getting BBs out of those MWS mags to put site BBs in would've been a pain in the backside. GBBR mags are a pain to load and unload

Same, until I got this...

20221006_193216.jpg.a5c6eefc8845ca136d89455b9b56bc79.jpg

3 hours ago, C-Diddy said:

Same, until I got this...

20221006_193216.jpg.a5c6eefc8845ca136d89455b9b56bc79.jpg

Where from? I could be interested

28 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Where from? I could be interested

Yep, as @Rogerborgsays, it's from Airtac. Got one after seeing the Ollie Talks Airsoft review. Think he has a discount code too.

https://www.airtac.me/shop/p/tm-mws

On 06/10/2022 at 16:43, Impulse said:

No, not voluntary chrono. Second day they rounded everyone up for chrono and put stickers on guns that passed. Found without a sticker? Kicked off

I was chronoed and didn't receive a sticker. Chrono had my MP5 at 185 with .25s (Chronos at 295-300 on my chrono and every other chrono i've run it through.) 

I don't believe the two guys I was rolling with received stickers either. 

That game on call on the second day... We had a solid plan and we were all hyped to execute it. As soon as we heard game on we went full send. Then got sent schlomping back to the CP with our tails between our legs. Didn't take the wind out of our sails though. After another ten minutes of standing in the pitch black CP stacked up on the door waiting for the real game on call we went full send again. It was a great start to the game. And a great start to a much better day! 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, magaz said:

For those of you wanting to see what it was like, here's a tongue in cheek "mini documentary" about all the waiting around, rule changes, dark CP's and other miss-haps that went on over the event. 

That was really well done, and absolutely nails that we can still have fun despite everything a badly run site or event does to try and stop up.  Subscribed, and thanks.

Despite everything that went on, I had a great time that weekend. I went out to a mall to shoot at people and get shot at. Hang out with some friends and make some memories. I ticked all of those off the list. And that's what I set out to show in this video, that despite the craziness that went on with the constant waiting around, stopping and starting, injuries, miss communication of rules and all the other stuff, at it's core it's a bunch of nerds knocking about in a mall with toy guns having a laugh. 

Thanks for hitting that sub button yo! I've got the actual gameplay videos from the weekend in the works which should be hitting the channel soon! 

On 05/10/2022 at 08:06, Jaylordofwaargh said:

Its funny you should say that, one of those people is in a GBBR whatsapp chat and was spamming the chat with AI500 nonsense telling us all how it was narrative led (then went on to describe a green vs tan battlesim) and the most amazing thing we'd ever be likely to attend blah blah.... 

I quoted his messages after ai500 had taken place to let him know what he had said hadn't aged well..... still waiting for a reply... 

Judging by his posts in that chat, he has team mates who are mates with the AI team.... Classic airsoft circle jerk! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.