The A-Team! ;)

LLF_Spencer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys!

I'm totally new to this forum (first post), but certainly not new to airsofting. I've been playing on and off for about 10 years now, and have been using pretty much the same kit the whole time. Now, over the last year or so I've been considering a new outfit/loadout to create a fresh look, and after looking for a long time I've decided to go for something that's got that 'merc' feel to it.

Anyway, I've been looking for inspiration for a while now (Ai 'Wannabe' articles, movies etc) and the other night watched the latest A-Team movie. There is a event in this film that has the team stealing a container in Bahgdad, and I noticed that 'Face' has a great combination of kit. So, after seeing this I decided to do some research and found the following pic:

Ateam-M4-prod-1.jpg

The kit in question is on the left (Lt. 'Faceman' Peck - Bradley Cooper). Just for your info (for those that haven't seen the film or know who it is) the character on the right is Col. 'Hannibal' Smith (Liam Neeson).

Now, Faces' kit I think is what I want to go for next, and I've been trawling the internet to see what I can find, but I seem to of come to a dead-end. So, hence why I decided to join this forum as you guys seem to be great at helping people for finding kit!

Can you guys help me out? I'm after the following:

- The top (Olive Drab by the look of it)

- The shemagh (although I have found various suppliers of this already...just not sure which colour that is in the pic?)

- and most importantly the black vest he is wearing. Not been able to figure out what this is though! :blink:

I've decided against the beige trousers as I feel these are more suitable for an urban and desert environment and I currently play woodland at Phoenix Airsoft. They look like Emerson CP Gen 2 style though. I'm thinking Multicam as an alternative unless you guys can suggest something else?

I am also after suitable slings etc. I currently own a Classic Army M4 CQBR which i'm looking to kit out with Magpul Forest Green kit, and also a TM H&K USP AEP. I currently have a Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster for the USP. Wanting the pistol to be mounted on the vest, but not sure if it can be done using the holster I have.

Anything you guys can do to help with this stuff would be great!

If you guys need to know anything, then by all means let me know.

Thanks in advance! :)

• Supporters

For the shemagh you want genuine one in tan. will look quite bright but once youve had a few games it will look alright ;)

as for the vest not had a decent look but looks like a viper LA vest? Prob way off though.

la_special_vest_o.jpg

Matts correct the shemagh is easy enough as for the vest a viper LA would look cool unless you can find a name of the vest he wears also while we're on the subject does any one know what pistol face uses?

Thanks for the quick feedback guys!

Matt: Great suggeastion on the Viper vest. I had thought it was that myself based on this pic (forgive the quality :blink:):

photo2.jpg

As you can see it has the 'String tie' style that the Viper vest has...but then I took a closer look at the front and saw this:

photo1.jpg

Now that to me looks like a Serpa type holster strapped to the front? That's why i've had difficulty finding the vest! Any further thoughts?

Can you guys recommend a good place to get the Shemagh from?

Also, does anybody know what it is strapped around the left arm in the pics??

Thanks again for the help!

• Supporters

For the shemagh Ebay / Surplus stores, dont buy from china sites as they are copies and no where the near the same material or quality.

as for the thing on the arm, no idea, my first thoughts was this however

http://www.ebairsoft.com/navy-seal-pouch-black-p-2457.html

as for the holster I wouldn't rule out that the prop team sewed it on there.

in the first picture he has a leg holster on. Ive seen the film (a long time ago) and don't remember him having 2 pistols?

Yeah I don't think he even used any pistols through those early scenes, yet he seems to have one on a drop leg as well as pistol on his vest.

I'm starting to think I'll be better off going for a MOLLE base vest and building a set up that's more specific to my needs.

Not what I was after, but thanks for the link.

In the end, that link you gave me got me searching for crossdraw stuff in Google...and I somehow came across a US Store (Airsoft Megastore) that has a great selection of kit, including this:

Airsoft Megastore: London Bridge Trading Company LBT-6034

Which I think may be the base kit that was used in the film. This example is tan, but following the link to the original website shows they come in black also.

I think this might be the vest used due to the straps over the shoulders, plus the string-tie system for adjustment matching whats in the screenshots. I'm guessing pouches were added as it is a MOLLE system. Looking more closely at the original picture I posted it looks like the M4 mags (lower right on the vest) seem to be uncovered, so I'm wondering if its fitted with these (but hidden by the arm):

Airsoft Megastore: M4 Mag holder

After this find I've decided It would be best to go for a MOLLE base vest and customise more to my gaming needs. Especially as I'm considering getting a customised Sniper soon.

I'll have a look around and see what options I have in terms of vests.

Does anybody have any suggestions for where I could buy the OD long sleeve top from he is wearing? The new pics show it has built in elbow pads.

Also, is it possible to attach a SERPA Holster (for a H&K USP) to a MOLLE system?

Thanks for the help guys!

Archived