Thai gambling spambot

Rogerborg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Just wondering if there's anything that can be done about the spambot that's obsessed with creating new johnnyufafrN+1 accounts, reposting old content, and adding the exact same link to https://electroambientspace.com/how-to-play-slotxo/ every time.

It feels like there should be a very-small-shell-script solution to this rather than having to manually clean up multiples of them every day.

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I think that might have been done for the old one (john the 40 year old 1911 shooter) hence its changed to this new post?

It's the exact same link in every post though.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

It's the exact same link in every post though.

True, but banning the n+1 usernames wont work long term if it's gonna change the username/post content randomly?

Did they give an e mail address when they joined? If so i suggest we sign them up for loads of mailing lists to send them loads of spam

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Did they give an e mail address when they joined? If so i suggest we sign them up for loads of mailing lists to send them loads of spam

That's a 1990s solution that deserves a 1990's emoticon  8O 

Really though, it's a bot, it'll have used something disposable.  Manual action or reaction can't keep up with automated spam, thus the suggestion that some sort of scripted solution might be better.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd have a look at what Invision offer.  But I am, so...

Honest Graft: The "Vote No, Hope Yes" Caucus Gets a Scolding from House ...

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.