Ghillie suit wearers/snipers wearing team armbands around their ankles or hidden among their foliage. Cheating? Close to the limits? Tactical?

colinjallen

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My rule, if they are facing me I shoot! if its a bush that moves I shoot, if its a bush that didn't move but glints in the sun, full auto it!

Teaches the chav's who wear backwards baseball caps a lesson too, 

At our site the marshals put the tape on the teams arm so no cheating allowed

But makes you look like the enemy right in front of me looking towards me. Instant head removal with a 7.62mm (well the 6mm bloodless airsoft version of it)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, MadMole said:

baseball caps

Never fails to amaze me when marshals wear hi-vis vests or jackets, but a camo cap.  If I was only going to make one part of my body day-glo, it would be my head.

(I know, I know, my profile pic :P )

Still manage to shoot the marshals occasionally, especially when they walk right through your field of fire while you are engaged through a DMR scope, dayglo or not

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Never fails to amaze me when marshals wear hi-vis vests or jackets, but a camo cap.  If I was only going to make one part of my body day-glo, it would be my head.

…….. mumble, mumble ….. my dark woodland Dye baseball cap, my multicam baseball cap …..

2 hours ago, MadMole said:

Still manage to shoot the marshals occasionally, especially when they walk right through your field of fire while you are engaged through a DMR scope, dayglo or not

First person I shot in game was a Marshall …… shouldn’t have been walking out of a bush 

16 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Not marshaling but taking photos I learnt this the hard way, a player could only see my head and fired thinking i was opfor. Fortunately I took the shots rather than the camera and since then I tied a hi vis around the hat. 

On 07/09/2022 at 10:33, Groot said:

Thank you for coming forth and I ask this with the greatest respect. 

Do you not feel a bit shitty putting your arm band on your leg?

Do you not feel that everyone should then be allowed to put their on their legs too? I mean I guess it would then make it super hard for you to know who to shoot.. oh wait.... 

It's the same argument you could have with the ghillie suit in general. It's not as if it's something that only im allowed to wear.

I've never seen any none ghillie wear it on their leg and I wonder if the site owners would have any issue with that?

But as a counter question, what about some of the sites that operate bands Vs none bands? Is one team cheating?

And also, (sorry for the incoherent format of this reply, just woken up after a night shift), what's the purpose of the band? To denote who's team your on or to make you stand out? Because as some of the replies to this topic would suggest, they're sole purpose is to make you stand out should you be trying to be sneaky and hide from the enemy team.

Edited by leadly

If you’re asked to wear an armband on your arm by the Marshalls running the site and you then, without Marshall permission, remove said armband from your arm, to your leg or elsewhere, then you’re cheating and gaining an unfair disadvantage over others who are playing fairly by the rules. Simple.

On 10/09/2022 at 11:29, leadly said:

It's the same argument you could have with the ghillie suit in general. It's not as if it's something that only im allowed to wear.

I've never seen any none ghillie wear it on their leg and I wonder if the site owners would have any issue with that?

But as a counter question, what about some of the sites that operate bands Vs none bands? Is one team cheating?

And also, (sorry for the incoherent format of this reply, just woken up after a night shift), what's the purpose of the band? To denote who's team your on or to make you stand out? Because as some of the replies to this topic would suggest, they're sole purpose is to make you stand out should you be trying to be sneaky and hide from the enemy team.

It all depends on what type of site it is, if its an indoor CQB then you're not likely to have a sniper playing. 

If there are sites that operate outdoor games where you have banded and non-banded and Mr Ghillie suit wearer decided to conceal their armbands by wearing them on their ankles... it presents an unfair advantage because you don't know if that is a team member or not.

Simply put, if you have two teams and one wears armbands then that is where they must be worn.

On 10/09/2022 at 11:29, leadly said:

Armbands are solely to denote which team you’re on. To alter the narrative to suit your notion for their use is your problem, not the site, marshal’s or the opposing team. Sorry you are wrong bud. 

46 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

Armbands are solely to denote which team you’re on. To alter the narrative to suit your notion for their use is your problem, not the site, marshal’s or the opposing team. Sorry you are wrong bud. 

I never said that was my aim, merely pointed out how some of the replies to this thread had suggested that was their use. Im Fully aware they are to denote which team you are on. The reason most ghillies wear them on their legs is because after all the time, effort and money spent on making a nice working ghillie suit, adding a bright coloured band sort of ruins it and makes you stand out, when the whole point is trying to blend in and hide.

For me, that's why I wear one on my leg (site permitting), so my ghillie actually does the job I want it to

Ill always ask if I can wear them on my leg, if im not allowed then that's fine. I never said I'd ever remove them from my arm and put them elsewhere when no body is looking.

All the best xx

4 hours ago, AirSniper said:

It all depends on what type of site it is, if its an indoor CQB then you're not likely to have a sniper playing. 

If there are sites that operate outdoor games where you have banded and non-banded and Mr Ghillie suit wearer decided to conceal their armbands by wearing them on their ankles... it presents an unfair advantage because you don't know if that is a team member or not.

Simply put, if you have two teams and one wears armbands then that is where they must be worn.

But then what about the ghillie on the unbanded team? Is he all of a sudden not cheating because he's not wearing an "illgally" placed arm band anywhere on his body? How would we not know he's not hiding one on his ankle? Full auto him and then when he says he's on unbanded then just blame him for wearing a ghillie in the first place?

30 minutes ago, leadly said:

But then what about the ghillie on the unbanded team? Is he all of a sudden not cheating because he's not wearing an "illgally" placed arm band anywhere on his body? How would we not know he's not hiding one on his ankle? Full auto him and then when he says he's on unbanded then just blame him for wearing a ghillie in the first place?

I’m not sure if this is just a hypothetical question, because in my almost 20 years playing the sport, I’ve never been to a site where one team wears an armband while the other team doesn’t. But you pay your money and take that chance. By your logic, we could all rock up wearing ghillies and hide our bands, then where would you be? 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, SBoardley said:

I’m not sure if this is just a hypothetical question, because in my almost 20 years playing the sport, I’ve never been to a site where one team wears an armband while the other team doesn’t. But you pay your money and take that chance. By your logic, we could all rock up wearing ghillies and hide our bands, then where would you be? 

Armbands vs non armbands is definately a thing.

Typically due to sites having more numbers (ie only enough armbands of all colours to outfit one team) or if they use tape that they've run out of one colour.

It's also pretty universal that when it happens the armband team blames the armbands for any and all percieved failures (that arent blamed on cheating at least).

Granted a well organised site this shouldnt happen, but organised and airsoft are 2 words that seldom go hand in hand.

It would appear no matter what I say or how I say it, you'll always class it as hiding my band.  So I'll just give up wasting my valuable procrastination time on this thread and revert back to watching pimple popping videos on Instagram! 

All the best x

If the arm band is to show team affiliation not to make players stand out then who cares where a ghillie wears it so long as they accept that when they get shot by friendlies it's their own fault?

Players often shoot people before band identification simply based on player directional heading and their own itchy trigger fingers, probably the same ones whining about ghillie band placement.

If your on side with a ghillie communicate so you have some awareness of his area of operation to negate the frequency of team kills and vice versa/more importantly Ghillies communicate with your team before you start.

It's not cheating if the band is for team identification as opposed to making one stand out and the only one suffering is the ghillie himself when he gets hit from both sides.

@leadly put some longer grassy fabrics on one arm, wear the band on the arm, cover it with the fabric, screw the whiners on a technicality, of course they will still cry because they like to suck the fun out of everything!

26 minutes ago, leadly said:

It would appear no matter what I say or how I say it, you'll always class it as hiding my band. 

Probably because thats what you said. 

1 hour ago, leadly said:

The reason most ghillies wear them on their legs is because after all the time, effort and money spent on making a nice working ghillie suit, adding a bright coloured band sort of ruins it and makes you stand out, when the whole point is trying to blend in and hide.

For me, that's why I wear one on my leg (site permitting), so my ghillie actually does the job I want it to

Many non ghillie users will often wear stuff that helps with camouflage but are capable of wearing the band on their arm and staying concealed. Claiming that you can't stay hidden with a 2 inch band on your arm is simply bullshit

32 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Probably because thats what you said. 

Many non ghillie users will often wear stuff that helps with camouflage but are capable of wearing the band on their arm and staying concealed. Claiming that you can't stay hidden with a 2 inch band on your arm is simply bullshit

There's a slight difference in the user though isn't there. Im sure anyone could blend in / hide in a bush or dense foliage without the band giving them away, but generally that's not what I do. 

As I wear a ghillie most of the time when I play outdoors I often sit Infront of the base of a tree or at the edge some natural cover rather than fully submerge myself in something. This means I can get a better view of the playing field and not get my sniper or suit caught up in the inevitable bramble bush I end up gravitating towards.

There, you've drawn me back in and away from my pimple popping videos, now leave me be and carry on with posting negative comments on Kicking Mustang videos! 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.