What is broken and how to fix (Pics)

Tanith

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was showing my AEG off to my brother when something snapped. I think its the part of the barrel that connects to the hopup. You can see an indentation at the end of the barrel that probably shouldnt be there and you can see the hopup adjustor just hanging out and not really attached to anything, I'm literally afraid of it falling off. I don't know much/anything about Airsoft mechanics I just run around and pewpew and so far have been really lucky I suppose...

What do I need to buy/do to fix this so I can use my TM HighCycle (I know...) AUG again. If there are any ways to 'upgrade' anything along the way I'd love to hear any suggestions.IMG_20220819_190503048.thumb.jpg.9f175e465e692e2491c047a9048c8a4c.jpgIMG_20220819_190530386.thumb.jpg.b1d16788380a365998eafb0e5b993e03.jpg

Use a screwdriver and just flick the wheel off the end of the nozzle in the bottom photo. Get the wheel out of the receiver where the barrel was removed. 

Insert the wheel back on and reassemble. Should be pretty simple.

If you want a direct upgrade/replacement then buy this. 

Lonex Enhanced Hop-Up for CA M14?MARUI AUG Series Series - Airsoft Shop, Airsoft Guns, Sniper rifles, Airsoft pistols, parts and bbs by FireSupport (fire-support.co.uk)

Edited by Asomodai

You've snapped the back of the hop unit off. New unit is pretty cheap for an AUG. The bit that has snapped holds a spacer in place.

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/jg-works-airsoft-hop-up-unit-chamber-for-aug-series-aegs-softair-6mm-bbs-42281-p.asp

I'd probably get a hop rubber as well since you will have it all open. To get the hop off you need to unscrew those tiny screws on the side of the plastic barrel, and the hop and inner barrel will slide out of the plastic outer barrel.

Edited by Iceni

10 hours ago, Iceni said:

You've snapped the back of the hop unit off. New unit is pretty cheap for an AUG. The bit that has snapped holds a spacer in place.

https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/jg-works-airsoft-hop-up-unit-chamber-for-aug-series-aegs-softair-6mm-bbs-42281-p.asp

I'd probably get a hop rubber as well since you will have it all open. To get the hop off you need to unscrew those tiny screws on the side of the plastic barrel, and the hop and inner barrel will slide out of the plastic outer barrel.

Replace the hop unit, cheap and easy to do.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.