1911a1 Dropping its mag.

Mels

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

My TM 1911a1 used to drop mags when firing occasionally. However I've just put a metal kit on it and the problem is much worse. 

I'm using the original springs but it seems the extra weight of the slide moving forward is enough to dislodge the mag, I've tried a guarder mag release but the mags don't lock in at all when using it.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Dose the original mag catch work in the new kit and is it with all your mags? options are all the mags are worn and so there is not enough contact to lock them in place or the mag catch just doesn't have enough material on it in the 1st place to engage the mag. or the blow back unit is not seated properly and not allowing the mag to lock in properly. 1st does the mags lock solidly with the slide off? if yes its the blow back unit. if no do the mags hold in place if you remove the spring and just put pressure on the mag release on the opposite side to the release button? if no mag catch is the issue if yes spring is the issue.

Stew you are a hero! Followed your troubleshooting ended up reinstalling the bbu and now its working a treat! Thank you again. 👍

Edited by Mels

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.