Best BBs to buy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all

whats the best bb in terms of brand and reliability currently. I’ve been using Valkyrie but they don’t have what I want currently. Ideally bulk discount as ill being buying a lot

Gotta chime in and say my experience of the Vorsk bios is that they’re absolutely terrible. My favourite site changed to bio only and offer them as the bundle bb’s but they aren’t even round and had crazy seam lines. Definition of cheap and nasty. 

BLS and the brands they OEM for are always reliable bets - Geoffs, Longbow etc

Cheapo Blitz in boxes of ten packets.

I used both bio  and non- bios before I used the even cheaper Kilo 9s from TG.  Now back on Blitz for up to .28g.

For heavier I use Geoff's.  

Been using Blitz for some years as Z1 is local to me, they work well enough, priced right (no postage), and have improved a fair bit from the early batches of years past. The Bios work fine for me too.

I used to like Excels (are they still around?) and found G&G and King Arms BB's to be decent too. Never had a problem with ASG Devil Blasters either.

Just awaiting an order of Geoffs Tracer BB's for some CQB shenanigans on Sunday - not used them before TBH.

9 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Just awaiting an order of Geoffs Tracer BB's for some CQB shenanigans on Sunday - not used them before TBH.

Valiant Dorchester by any chance?

Regards 

I ran ASG blasters for years, but in the last 2 have moved across to Valkyrie. Even found they do .29’s which feed really well in my NGRS. Never had a problem with consistency with them that I used to get with Blasters either. Unfortunately I don’t buy them in massive quantities!

23 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Yes indeed mate. Taking my boys again.

Cool. That's great making it a family thing. 🙂

Enjoy the day👍

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Been using Blitz for some years as Z1 is local to me, they work well enough, priced right (no postage), and have improved a fair bit from the early batches of years past. The Bios work fine for me too.

I used to like Excels (are they still around?) and found G&G and King Arms BB's to be decent too. Never had a problem with ASG Devil Blasters either.

I have been using Geoff's tracers for a year now and had no problems with them at all, light up really well great seeing that green/red stream in the dark. 

I usually just use whetever is sold on site. That's blasters at my usual site, but for the last couple of games I've used Vorsk as I've been visiting others

Currently ASG's. I've tried a de brands with mixed results, one wwll known and rated brands pellets being visually smaller, confirmed by my digital calipers, only a little but smaller diameter than two other brands I had to hand! May have been  Counterfeit as a fleabay purchase. Given the money spent on buying and uprating airsoft hardwear it seems sensible to use reliable ammo.  :)

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Paul H said:

Given the money spent on buying and uprating airsoft hardwear it seems sensible to use reliable ammo.  :)

yep, it is indeed.

good ammo is imo one of the first "upgrades" folk should do, it's the easiest variable to eliminate when facing the problem of trying to improve accuracy.

can also help function, i've "fixed" many a misfeeding gun by doing nothing more complex than emptying the magazine and filling it with geoffs.

I’ve tried a multitude of brands, both in my VSR and in GBBR M4s, the only one I’ve found to be reliably good quality is Geoffs Super Precision. 

I will now rather sit out a game with the VSR if I haven’t got enough Geoffs. 
tried Vorsk recently in my MWS and they left a lot of white residue and had a habit of shattering in the gun, they’re going in the bin.

my advice would be to try some good quality ammo and also either keep it in its original packaging and try to avoid contamination (don’t empty your speed loader back in the bag/bottle) or keep it in another (clean) plastic container. The cloth BB bags I’ve seen some people use cause dust and fine dirt to accumulate on the BBs. 

Edited by DopeYourScope
Spelling

15 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Is it a secret brand?

Cannot remember so didn't want to call out an i'nnocent' I binned the bb's so cannot easily check.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.