help with MP40 & Sten

Paul H

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

some appraisal  advice really. I bought the AGS STEN  & MP40 as wall hangers. Always wanted one since playing war as a kid. So when I saw them it made sense. I bought the replica bags with pouches for mags, then 4x  50rnd mags each, repro slings Even invested in the Vintage Arms(?) STEN suppressor kit and uprated rear QR bolt and fixed the wobbling butt plate the AGS STEN's seem to have so the the stock is solidly attached. Big plans....18 months on they're  not up on the wall but gathering dust. I have Shot them both once  and great fun.

As much as I (thought) i wanted them they're not used and put away.  I use more 'modern' AEG's when my back allows. MP5-SD, G36c G18c G19  & UMP are more my cuppa tea.

I'm considering selling the STEN and MP40 with all their accessories  to somone who will hopefully  get some use and pleasure out of them.

Given the accessories and AEG's they are literally like new condition  wise and selling each with all the bits a rough guide on prices would much be appreciated.

Pic of mp40 below.

It's really not a veiled ad.  I cannot find similar for sale with all the bits and pieces. Not sure  if It's best to sell the AEG's with mag, batt and charger and the repro bag, slings 3x mags, etc separately.  To me it seems sensible to sell as one lot but new to this and bout to display more than use.

I'd appreciate  any advice

Paul

Reply to this topic...

Next unread

Airsoft Forums UK • Independent AF since 2008 Powered by Invision Community

20220524_091617.jpg

20220524_091518.jpg

Edited by Paul H
bad cut n paste

I will be putting them both up for sale in the near future. Wall brackets included I kid you not.  Some idea of sale prices would be a great help.

Paul

1 hour ago, Paul H said:

I will be putting them both up for sale in the near future. Wall brackets included I kid you not.  Some idea of sale prices would be a great help.

Paul

70% of the cheapest new was thrown around on another thread I think? So could do that for each thing and see what it comes up to.

I gave £80 for an AGS Sten about two years ago.   With supply of rifs being what it is now, I expect you  would get more for the gun alone.  

Thanks chaps. Put the sten kit up  at 275.00

The AEG IS 220 new  mags 15.00 each bag 50 and sling 20.00 & suppressor  £60.00 I guess its idown to if anyone wants the lot or not.  I'll put an ad on here too. They're  surprisingly good to shoot. Rof about right for a real STEN and accurate. 370fps too. I've also got a NOS pistol grip made for operation  Market Garden, designed literally on a fag packet days before and rapidly produced.  Turned sten into a great cqb weapon. So simple a design  too. The original STENS designed to be produced by the likes of Raleigh bikes as just bent steel tubes. The bolt and barrel the only high precision  parts. Plus they were designed to use the  MP40 mags so ammo could be taken off of the enemy.

The finish on mk1&2's was pot black. The paint used to paint motorbike  engines and cylinder heads at the time. Cheap and simple to produce was the spec and they certainly were. British ingenuity at its finest.

Thanks for your input all. :)

If anyone is interested please message me. I'll get an ad up.

Edited by Paul H

3 hours ago, Paul H said:

Thanks chaps. Put the sten kit up  at 275.00

The AEG IS 220 new  mags 15.00 each bag 50 and sling 20.00 & suppressor  £60.00 I guess its idown to if anyone wants the lot or not.  I'll put an ad on here too. They're  surprisingly good to shoot. Rof about right for a real STEN and accurate. 370fps too. I've also got a NOS pistol grip made for operation  Market Garden, designed literally on a fag packet days before and rapidly produced.  Turned sten into a great cqb weapon. So simple a design  too. The original STENS designed to be produced by the likes of Raleigh bikes as just bent steel tubes. The bolt and barrel the only high precision  parts. Plus they were designed to use the  MP40 mags so ammo could be taken off of the enemy.

The finish on mk1&2's was pot black. The paint used to paint motorbike  engines and cylinder heads at the time. Cheap and simple to produce was the spec and they certainly were. British ingenuity at its finest.

Thanks for your input all. :)

If anyone is interested please message me. I'll get an ad up.

Dont suppose you've settled on a price for the MP40 set?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.