Your first gun

RandomM_YT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Tokyo Marui AK47-S

710398216_TMAK47S.jpg.de8bc03920abe2426a140a4bdfd8e967.jpg

Yup, still got it, still shoots (though not feeding very reliably on full auto), currently wearing a set of Cyma tactical polymer grip / handguard and a stubby grip, as the original plastic handguard was a bit creaky.
Honestly can't remember how long ago I bought it, it could be as far back as 2001 or so

It's still a cool gun, and light and small enough it'll maybe come back from the "retirement home" (my loft) once I start playing CQB :)

Warrior L96 (now known as a Well L96) about 17 years ago. Yes, my first gun was a bolt action!

Do I still have it? Hell no. Sold it when I was in Spain to finance a Cyma m14.

Oldest gun I still have is probably my Bell 1911. Bought it in Spain about 13/14 years ago and it does NOT like the UK climate. It shoots, but with the heavy slide and tiny mags it's not great unless it's at least 20 celcius, though really it needs 25+.

• Supporters

CYMA CM.516.  Really cheap toyish plastic externals, solid internals. Feels like trash, shoots fine, everything can be fUlLy UpGrAdEd. 

Not a recommendation, just a note that you don't have to pay much for competitive performance.

• Supporters

Cybergun (the old G&g version) f2000.

A great way to learn that the path less trodden has potholes, generally it was quite solidly built and was easy to work on, but it suffered dearly with a few key areas notably the proprietary hop unit which wasnt quite strong enough and the rube golberg trigger mech that means reliable semi auto fire is basically a pipe dream.

Kept it a long time although it was rarely fielded once my collection started including less awkward options. Did eventually go.

G&G CM16 raider (not the 2.0) in 2018, still have it and still use it as the 'main' RIF, still really need to get a better hop up, spring and barrel for it as in outdoor skirmishes it really is outranged very easily

Blue two-tone WE P226 from JustBBGuns in December 2015!

I then just plinked in my garden until the second half of 2016, when I thought it'd be fun to be able to use it against other people (in an insured and consenting game format of course). Booked my first skirmish at my local site and loved the concept but hated the rental guns, so sorted UKARA ASAP and bought a G&G Predator.

Oh and have long since sold both, spending waayyyy too much money to achieve very little difference in performance.

Edited by Cr0-Magnon

• Supporters

Tokyo Marui M4A1 AEG.

TM-AEG-170828c22.jpg.7bd8eb34f85022e607c17b0cbd25bb32.jpg

Second hand, mind you. I still have it but much like Triggers Broom, it bears little resemblance to the original!

JG not-dragunov back in 2006 or so, upgraded to a SRC (yuck) AKMSU later that year and then stuck the gearbox in a (who remembers this one) Unicorn AKs74u kit in 2008 or 2009. Brushing the dust of the Unicorn got me back into the game a few years ago

WE G18, and still got it and still use it regularly. Maple leaf hop and barrel in there these days but never let me down despite loads of abuse !

Dan Dare ray gun. 5 years old. Sparks everywhere and frozen finger after blasting thousands of Mekons.

Kept me from being abducted at bedtime.

I hope the older members on here know what I'm talking about otherwise Im looking like a grade one,card carrying nutter.😜

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, Shamal said:

I hope the older members on here know what I'm talking about otherwise Im looking like a grade one,card carrying nutter.😜

Not sure getting the reference precludes that assessment.....

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Not sure getting the reference precludes that assessment.....

Ouch!! 😉

ASG Ranger M4, bought 5 years ago when I started for the second time. After a short period gave it a paint job (courtesy of Halfords), and a few extra add ons. 

Now relegated to being spare/loaner rifle but still going strong!

CCE6928E-954D-4538-9E14-6743967BD820.thumb.jpeg.b5c287665746324df12f7ae3d3baebcf.jpeg

TM USP Springer (non-hopup) - back in the days where you had to cut the order form out of Gun Mart, send a payable order and wait three weeks for delivery. Good times.

image.png.6f440cab053c5b4ffad8563cd4a5acfb.png

When I started playing Airsoft, it was a Classic Army Tactical Carbine - at the time ('04ish) one of the better reasonably priced 'from the factory' metal-bodied guns (along with ICS MP5s). It was a bit shit by modern standards (and frankly, TM's at the time), but it got the job done even with the ridiculous stock.

image.png.8b577261dae5b418a49e0d84afb9e29b.png

3 hours ago, Keithlag said:

M4~G3 2.jpg

Ooh MC51SD. Very nice 

2 hours ago, Shamal said:

I hope the older members on here know what I'm talking about otherwise Im looking like a grade one,card carrying nutter.

I got the reference but still think you're a nutter 😁 

20 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

Ooh MC51SD. Very nice 

I got the reference but still think you're a nutter 😁 

Kick a man when he's down why don't ya 🤣

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.