Roast my gear

MacTheBreacher

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, I am kind of new to airsoft and had started out doing more milsim with gbbrs and have now moved over to AEGs and running around shooting people in the arse. What else should I have on my person to make me go faster/shoot people in the arse better?C8806395-3F55-40F1-9175-BC24E2F323F0.thumb.jpeg.50017239bf77e5475590be3ce04e5782.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Emergencychimps said:

If you're having fun then you're already doing it right. 

This. 100%.

I'd echo the comments above though, move the dump pouch to either the rear or side (your 8 o'clock or 4 o'clock depending on if you're right or left handed) and on your belt instead of hanging off your plate carrier. Consider a chest rig instead of a plate carrier. Get a better helmet. Maybe look at trousers in a better cut that allows more freedom of movement (like a G3 style for example).

Looks like a nice gun you got there, and you're definitely on a good track with the loadout.  Deffo move the dump pouch though.

I'd always have a sling on a gun though, just to give your arms a rest whenever possible (they tire quickly, and once one bit of you starts complaining, you feel more knackered generally.   Or maybe that's just me and my age!)
Even with a lightweight gun, a sling lets you free up both hands quickly which is useful.   And if you get one of those "slingster" types there's an element of "Tacti-cool" as well ;)

Viper dual pac jetster boots and arse detection holo sight. 😉

Seconded re mechanix gloves. I'd always used the cheap acm gloves with the "carbon fibre" hard knuckles, but found they wore out quickly (I didn't just use them for airsoft). Then earlier in the year I picked up a pair of mechanix fast fit gloves and the difference is clear as they're hardly worn. Obviously they don't offer the same level of protection as the hard knuckle ones but what makes up for it is far better dexterity in my fingers

Edited by Cannonfodder
Typos

Another here for mechanix. I have two pairs of M-pacts. They have armored on the knuckles and fingers but the forefinger is un armoured which allows easier trigger use.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Khyber said:

Another here for mechanix. I have two pairs of M-pacts. They have armored on the knuckles and fingers but the forefinger is un armoured which allows easier trigger use.

Another another here for M-pacts.  I "saved" a few £££ recently by buying some HANDLANDY gloves which are fully armoured over the back of the hand and all the fingers and thumb.  Great protection, might do OK for impactful workwear, but awful ergonomics for triggering.  Back to Amazon they went, and I splashed the extra on M-Pacts.  Zero regrets, they're ideal.

On 11/08/2022 at 17:06, Groot said:

KEEP YOUR BOOGER HOOK OFF THE BANG SWITCH!

This is my safety sir ☝🏻

On 10/08/2022 at 18:25, Cannonfodder said:

Get some gloves as knuckle shots bloody hurt

I have gloves they are just not in the picture, I have viktos wartorn gloves which are supposed to be “the best”

On 10/08/2022 at 10:22, Emergencychimps said:

To be honest.....there's only a couple of tweaks. 

If you're having fun then you're already doing it right. Personally I'd move the dump pouch to the rear and a more appropriate size helmet

Screenshot_20220810-101850~2.png

The helmet sizing is just because I have a different suspension system in it right now, it sits slightly higher than it should. I am going to put a team wendy or maybe just a repro system in as soon as I can 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.