Is the G&G FFR A2 as good as the original?

RandomM_YT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi! Welcome to the sport, and to these forums :)

I seem to recall concerns over the reliability of G&G ETUs, but the MOSFET is a good addition, and a necessity if you want to use 11.1v batteries.
So a bit of a toss-up? 

The standard Raider is perhaps the choice for absolute reliability.  If this is your first gun and you're going to leave it stock for ever as your backup once you move on to something else, it's a good choice. The problem is it's not quite as good value as it used to be...  Still the base models at £160 aren't wildly overpriced.

It's a shame neither the Raider nor the FFR have quick change springs - they're a very useful thing to have.

(Shoehorns in obligatory "take a look at Double Eagle M9xx's, if you can find 'em in stock" mention)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Hey, looked at your posts cause I see you are new and planning to attend Gunman Tuddenham, my local site (which is awesome). 

I haven't got much experience with recent entry level RIFs, but Gunman use the standard G&G raider as their hire weapons, so when you do your first game with them you'll get hands on experience with what it is, whether you like it etc. 

The players at Tuddenham are great - ask around, check out their kits, look at the rifs they sell onsite but don't rush into it, do at least your 3 games before buying, I know renting feels like dead money, but way better than spending £250+ on a rif and then not loving the sport and only attending once/twice. 

@RandomM_YT My nephew has the G&G Armament Combat Machine CM16 FFR A2 and I'd say for the year and half or so he's had it, and with it costing around £230 currently, I'd not buy one.

It's been back to Patrol Base once, for either a faulty ETU or MOSFET, however they never said what the fault was but it came back working again. Generally considering the cost of one the weak points for me are the bang average geared hop unit, the fuse takes up masses of room in the buffer tube restricting battery space, the hand guard has unusually sized screws for mounting rails (no M-LOK etc.), and in general there are much better rifles from other brands for at least £50 less.

11 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

@RandomM_YT My nephew has the G&G Armament Combat Machine CM16 FFR A2 and I'd say for the year and half or so he's had it, and with it costing around £230 currently, I'd not buy one.

It's been back to Patrol Base once, for either a faulty ETU or MOSFET, however they never said what the fault was but it came back working again. Generally considering the cost of one the weak points for me are the bang average geared hop unit, the fuse takes up masses of room in the buffer tube restricting battery space, the hand guard has unusually sized screws for mounting rails (no M-LOK etc.), and in general there are much better rifles from other brands for at least £50 less.

thank you for the suggestion

Edited by RandomM_YT

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/double-eagle-m906c-ar15-rifle-with-falcon-system-in-black.html

That's what I've got, and apart from the spring going a bit limp after a few game days (easily replaced for a tenner), it's a champ!

16 hours ago, Fatboy40 said:

Can't disagree with anything you've said really - I was lucky to pick up a new CM16 SRS for my son for £150 last year, and that's the most I would ever part cash for a new one. I had to immediately bin off the ETU unit and replace it with a Perun ETU++ and add an SHS High-Torque, bringing the total cost to ~£220 which it still waay less than the £290 current retail.

G&G's pricing structure is just crazy now. They are pricing themselves out of the market - and other manufacturers are capitalizing on that, even the big dogs like KWA with their new polymer shooters.

The standard Raider is really solid. 

Any G&G with an ETU needs the Perun installing in my experience.   

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.