Where a real PC should sit on your torso

TheFull9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Diemaco said:

I agree about placement. One thing though, some of the larger players can end up showing a bit too much ubacs clad stomach below their plate carrier, and that isn't really a good look either.  

Agree, for the sake of playing toy soldiers, I'd much rather see plate carriers worn "incorrectly" than loads of wobbly guts, including me own🐷🤣

• Supporters

Well.. yeah not much I can say there 😂  To me, a standard/field shirt would possibly suit some gents better than a lower hanging armour carrier and rather tight combat shirt; if it's not too hot and the sweating isn't too bad to the point that a standard shirt isn't viable perhaps.  But then if that is the concern, a webbing style kit would work better all around I'd think; way better heat and moisture dissipation vs a vest and worn with a loose field shirt; requires buying stuff of course and might not be a preference.

That circumstance aside though - still good to try for everyone else I think lol

Im at the stage where a chest rig would probably be more “suitable” than my PC, but having recently purchased a scrote pouch, it does offer a bit of lower protection for my lower belly. So the PC stays for the time being 👍

One of the lads took a video of me last week whilst playing, I realise I look like a Tactical Humpty-Dumpty, which is distressing for all involved 🙁

But only I can fix that

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Agree, for the sake of playing toy soldiers, I'd much rather see plate carriers worn "incorrectly" than loads of wobbly guts, including me own🐷🤣

I should actually own up to not having owned a pc for many years, imho they're one of the least practical pieces of kit with more cons than pros. 

Chest rigs or similar ftw, or even a manbag in the summer, much less restrictive. 

But pc belly is a real thing, a bad thing lol. 

I don't typically wear my plate carrier, but I'm an immersion nerd who will silently LARP my way through a skirmish day and for the role I play a chest rig is preferable even in the real world. The whole idea of the recce role is to not get into firefights, as well as climbing up, down, left and right of all manner of weird terrain which you definitely do not want to be doing in body armour. I'll put my plate carrier as part of my CQB loadout for sure and I put weighted plates in it to mimic real body armour weight because I'm a massive nerd as I already stated; doing a role where you're expecting firefights you definitely want body armour!

That being said, I find it hard to wear a plate carrier because I'm big and tall and they can look comically small on me. The placement of the plate is supposed to cover your vital organs, but I feel like mine are always poking out the sides :P

That and there are quite a few, um... rotund(?) individuals who play airsoft and plate carriers look even more comical on that body type. I mean, if you want to wear it, wear it, all power to you, but I think it looks silly and will definitely be aiming for the flabby bit underneath or spilling out of the sides with whichever flavour of sniper rifle I am using on the day 😇

Edited by Impulse

• Supporters
8 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I choose to wear my PC like the real heroes, like the navy seal chris pratt

Yeees, well as per that and the Punisher series (just off the top of my head), costumers for hollywood have a similar frequency of occurrences of such to airsofters in terms of.. low fitment.  Except obviously it's way worse for them to fit it wrong and have pancake flat, entirely empty carriers given that aesthetics is literally their only job/concern.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Diemaco said:

I agree about placement. One thing though, some of the larger players can end up showing a bit too much ubacs clad stomach below their plate carrier, and that isn't really a good look either.  

Abdo panels for the win.

As a *ahem* larger gentleman, I wear my knock off AVS where it "should" be, the main issue of size being more related to how all the chinese knock offs are sized for a small or at best medium plate bag. Given that the plate is only supposed to cover the vital organs, it looking like a tactical tube top is pretty much a foregone conclusion when the plate bag is smaller than it should be for your frame.

If you want more protection from BBs in those soft squidgy areas, get an abdo panel, side plate bags etc, don't just try and cover what you have with the PC, it just looks stupid.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

Abdo panels for the win.

So agree with this statement. 

Also, if you're a larger guy (like me) don't wear a ubacs thats too small (or often....even the right size) a field shirt/jacket is a bit more flattering - even under a PC. 

Maybe just don't do that in the summer. 

on a real carrier, it should be higher up on the torso, but its job is to hold the plates, and their job is to keep you from springing leaks due to flying miniature lead missiles.

However, in airsoft, it is meant to hold your stuff and look cool, so wherever it feels and works the best.    

I have a PC but mainly use it with weighted plates for running in! Once this weather cools down a bit I will probably run it for the odd colder game day when I am just using the M4.

I have it adjusted correctly as with 12lb plates in you need it correctly placed to avoid painful rubbing. 

TBH between my minimal belt set up and the M83 chest rig I don’t really *need* it. But since when has airsoft been about need?

Roughly few inches from your neck I think. In real world it supposed to protect your vital organs.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Krisz said:

Roughly few inches from your neck I think. In real world it supposed to protect your vital organs.

Top edge wants to be roughly level with the notch between your collar bones:

ffqWKtorwTzgswhphJgCcUbjBb6zkBrYHFwnI4-Uq_0.thumb.jpg.789148d9a3c9adbbd3ccfded0d9eefea.jpg

Back plate wants to be about the same position...except on your back. Obvs.

I run a CPC with xl plate bags (because more £££ equals better, right) with foam plate just to help keep the shape.

If I wore it lower than “real” because of my proportions, it would be rather uncomfortable and block my belt.

the only downside is the internal mag pouches are uncomfortable and some pouches are hard to access when I’m a bit stiff, so the layout is not exactly how I would like it, but as it’s toys guns, I can take an extra 5 seconds to get a smoke grenade out 

If you’re the kinda player that isn’t afraid to drop prone then mags on your belly isn’t really the one. It’s uncomfortable and also more difficult to access your kit. Even more so if you’re rocking a bit of a dad bod.

Best off wearing them as they should be worn. If you’re a larger player, don’t worry about what others think. We’re all just crazy larping cosplayers who like to shoot each other at the end of the day anyway.

Edited by Unreal Warfare
Sausage fingers on iPhone

As a larger player myself, as seen in first pic. I just found it easier staying away from thing like the jpc 'tactical bras'. And stick to the more old school ciras, paraclete or mrav carriers that cover more surface area and have plenty of adjustment. Plus you can still seat them properly, and with the right tops like pcu style jackets, and staying away from things like ubacs. you can pull of marsoc, ussf, ranger and a few others, without actually showing too much and still being comfortable. pixlr_20220814181602191.thumb.jpg.060478afb64a3156b37c1b3b8dab17ea.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.