hide yhe MOSFET!?!*

Paul H

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Cyma g36c. I really enjoy shooting this gun. I've upgraded parts over time, barrel, hop, gearbox all done to give  reliability and accuracy foremost. 

I've looked at MOSFET  tech with a view to reducing current through the electronic trigger and settled on Perun AB++ as does just that plus some other handy features, active brake,more realistic RoF& burst mode plus others.

There's not a lot of room in any AEG I've opened up and the G36c is short on room. I'd  like to have fixed it around the gearbox but not the room I can see. Cut a piece of foam to same dimensions and attached it it, reassembled and each time the foam is dented/crushed so not ideal. I'm considering removing the plugs and extending wiring but still not any room I can see down the gearbox end. I'm considering moving the unit into the battery area at the front. This would depend on the signal wires carrying a decent signal from the trigger to the motor i guess.

Has anyone fitted a mosfet  into a G36c  and where did you put it?

The Ab++,is a drop in type, no gearbox disassembly 15mm long x 5mm x 2mm.

Probably worrying about nothing, just install in batt area but would appreciate  any advice. If successful I'd probably update my old tech aegs with this type of mosfet over time. Mp5kpdw should be a barrel of fun to find the space in...

Tia.

HIDE THE MOSFET supposed to be the title. Cannot seem to edit  it. DOH!

Hi Paul. I have two G36, in both installed AB++. Mosfets I left in battery department. AB ++ has long wires and not cause any problems for triger responds. I'm happy with this setup, and all my batteries have T connectors (deans). Later on I can add pictures if you need.

I have the AB++ in my R85.  It works great.  The only thing that I’d recommend is put it somewhere that’s easy to get to if you plan on using pre-cockingss as you need to press a button on it to take the pressure off the spring after you’re done playing.

17 hours ago, Dusix said:

Hi Paul. I have two G36, in both installed AB++. Mosfets I left in battery department. AB ++ has long wires and not cause any problems for triger responds. I'm happy with this setup, and all my batteries have T connectors (deans). Later on I can add pictures if you need.

That's great. Many thanks. I would appreciate  pics and i reckon rewireing/replacing connections with Deans is the answer.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Dusix said:

Snap.  There's not a lot of room in there, so I run the mosfet side-by-side with the battery up front.  I'm using 11.1V 1400mAh batteries with 105mm x 20mm x 16mm dimensions, and Deans.

Due to the wonders of V3 gearboxen, I didn't even have to open it up to fit the Perun, just wired it to the trigger contact on the outside of the box.

Thank you gents. The upfront  installation  looking likely. I had a reply from Perun saying that signal cabling can be run full length without issue ( they repled very quickly) confirming your advice. As there is a  glass type fuse built into the battery compartment I'll likely ditch it, stick The MOSFET board there and wire in accordingly isingvthe onboard fuse.

I really like the g36c. It seems to fit my frame and style nicely. I have just gotten a CA UMC  (UMP45) which is great to shoot and a very close second to the G36c in suiting me and sheer fun.

I'll  update once I've got it sorted. Awaiting Deans connectors pack which I must say I really like this type of connector.

Again thanks.

Paul

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Paul H said:

As there is a  glass type fuse built into the battery compartment I'll likely ditch it

Oh, sure that got binned off on mine before I even fitted the mosfet.  Just be careful not to trap the wires when closing the handguard.

And yes, I really like mine too, especially with 11.1V, a meatier motor, and the Perun to give bursts outdoors and pre-cock semi in CQB.  I bought it as a "leave it alone, you muppet" backup-backup, but I've ended up using it more than anything else.

I'm now playing a game of chicken against myself to see how long I can go for without opening the gearbox: it's still got its factory tamper sticker on it, although it's had some lubricating spooge spurted in it both top and bottom orifices. :D 

On 07/08/2022 at 14:49, Dusix said:

Picture worth a 1000 words. This is great. Thank you.

Well this week has been frustrating.  I cut the ab++in half, requested to by Jakub at Perun. It appears to be faulty. They're sending me a new one. Jakub runs Perun and found the time to help me out and answer my questions  and fault find. Superb service from Jakub/Perun. Whilst signal getting down signal wire to the ab++ it wouldn't  trigger the motor. Lot of tests later it appears board may be faulty. BTW its wired up just like the v3 gearbox in the pic.

So awaiting  a new ab++. I've got a (Rocket) upgraded switch I'll fit into the gearbox. Whilst waiting.

I'll  get there. Appreciate  the input. Can feel quite isolating working on your own.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you chaps.

I finally got this done. Rewired completely with better quality cable. Gearbox had to be rewired  as too short. I

Found space above hop adjuster wheel for connectors from the gearbox. The board is up front tucked in a perfect size groove and  semi permanent due tt industrial  velcro.

Initial  thoughts. Better trigger response, programming easy even for a technopeasant  like me. Added a little active brake to take pressure off if spring. Rof 1 notch burst set at 3.It's very good. Burst 3-4 but more 3 than 4 given its not got sensors or require gearbox  being opened to instal sensors or such its amazing.

It's brought my Cyma g36c  up to date for a reasonable price and I'd reccomend  the AB++. You'll  need to be handy with a soldering iron and basic wiring. It is straight forward. Oh and soldering iron  must be earthed and ideally for  circuit board type work and zero residule volts through the iron tip or you could pop the components.

If you're local to nn4 I'll fit it for you  for cost of parts used, few connectors and cable.

It's a definite hit!

My Cyma is probably the cheapest gun to buy that  I have. It is just spot on  for me, it fits me perfectly, I've spent loads rebuilding the v3 gearbox with top quality parts, bearings, uprated hop and pommy barrel. Would have been cheaper to buy a TM one!

It's also been a massive learning curve for me and now confident pulling these apart. Ove put pommy barrels and purple hop rubbers in both MP5's just the ump to go (H&K fanboi)

Edited by Paul H

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, that's a smart idea, I'm going to stea- share it.

Tbh the industrial one only one i have to hand. It is a lot stronger. Real useful in this case. Connector above hop also held up with it too.

Edited by Paul H

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.