Ideal sniper sidearm

Bradders13754

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Mk23 with silencer. 👍

Mk23

Any Mk23

But if you are going to do it properly, a TM Mk23 

I was astounded at the range and silence of them

Nov has one out, But you can make a TM more effective for less ££ though

I popped a Maple Leaf Crazy Jet, Hadron Design triple TDC with “I” key and a Flamingo rubber in mine

Was putting .40’s out to roughly 70m

And if you run a TM, only use 144a gas to stop the magazine seals blowing 

Just my tuppence 😉

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Mk23

Any Mk23

I popped a Maple Leaf Crazy Jet, Hadron Design triple TDC with “I” key and a Flamingo rubber in mine

Was putting .40’s out to roughly 80m

Just my tuppence 😉

Basically, yeah, what @Enid_Puceflangesaid. I've got a mk23 with a crazy jet barrel, Hadron triple TDC, Hadron H-arm and a Maple Leaf Autobot hop rubber. It's incredibly quiet and reaches out accurately (hits the target at least 9/10 times) to about 60m on .32s, which is better than most people's AEGs :P

I'd also second getting the TM though. They're far nicer than the ASG one, but you do pay that premium price tag. I own an STTI mk23 as well and it's just not as nice to use as my TM mk23.

Edited by Impulse

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Mk23

Any Mk23

Was putting .40’s out to roughly 80m

Just my tuppence 😉

Snap! Pretty much the same as my tm 👍

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

What's that chronoing at? 

Feck knows, it was on green gas (probably why I was forever trying to seal them) but it was circa 270 as it felt like the beebs took forever to get to target

I got bored sealing them and sold it on 😬

As a boneyard I add 😂

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

On 06/08/2022 at 22:33, Enid_Puceflange said:

circa 270

1.36J! Get 'im @Rogerborg!

Also, whoever said you can make the TM MK23 better for less than a Novritsch SSX23 is mistaken. An SSX + suppressor is circa £150, a stock TM is the same. The upgraded inner barrel, bucking and TDC will likely cost you another £50 or more on top. Plus the SSX23 has a nice metal slide and fibre optic sights.

I'm no Novritsch fan boy but think it's a bit silly when people pipe up about building a gun yourself for marginally less than he's selling some of his. Especially when you're talking for your son, unless you specifically want the learning experience associated with working on them.

How tall is your son? 

A MK23 with suppressor attached is a pretty long and unwieldy beast especially if he is holstering it anywhere other than his chest

2 hours ago, simonp said:

A MK23 with suppressor attached is a pretty long and unwieldy beast especially if he is holstering it anywhere other than his chest

Unless you get the SSX23 and modular suppressor...

8 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Also, whoever said you can make the TM MK23 better for less than a Novritsch SSX23 is mistaken. An SSX + suppressor is circa £150, a stock TM is the same. The upgraded inner barrel, bucking and TDC will likely cost you another £50 or more on top. Plus the SSX23 has a nice metal slide and fibre optic sights.

Won't be less expensive, but at least your money will go in the right parts.

TDC: wobbly, useless, needs replaced with a Hadron anyway.

Barrel: completely unnecessary, stock TM barrel is perfectly fine, so is the STTI

Hop rubber: they come FILTHY from the factory, though this does not really affect performance. It's €8 anyway for a new one.

Metal slide: useless, expensive and adds a bit of, again, unnecessary weight.

All the springs and moving parts on the TM are infinitely better, smoother operation and will last 10x longer. The springs on my SSX23 fucked themselves after less than a year.

4 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Unless you get the SSX23 and modular suppressor...

That doesn't work unless fully assembled, and at that point it's longer and wider than the TM.

Back to the OP:

Get a TM Mk23, leave it alone for now as it's perfectly useable out of the box with the exception of the hop up adjustment being a tad annoying.

At a later date get a Hadron TDC (it's more quality of life than anything else) and maybe a new hop rubber.

I'd second the loud and proud approach. I often run my bolt action with an mp9. I don't have the thigh holster but a molle catch mounted to the rail keeps it hooked to me. It great for closing and clearing buildings to acquire a position to snipe from.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.