Double eagle Noveske n4 - MWS clone

Wavey_Gravey

Given how good their AEGs have been as of late and the fact they’ve decided to use the N4 as the first offering…colour me interested.

https://www.octagonairsoft.com/product-page/double-eagle-devgru-style-noveske-licensed-nsr-9-n4-gbbr-de-toy-airsoft-gun

FF25A9A9-45B2-4A0E-BE5D-F69C3F329288.jpeg.bcce0141ec5252428d1eb13b54a6b0ad.jpeg

With how much the kit for the MWS is, this seems like a steal!

Heres hoping it’s good.

Edited by Wavey_Gravey
Spelling.

DE hit a sweet spot with their M900's, they found a cost effective optical controller + piston + head (as soon as you see the light blue you know what it is) + V2 shell + gears and it's all put together very well, and they've milked it for all its worth and probably made good money from it (they've used their core gearbox build and put in every type of receiver / platform possible). However, under all this they're still a bargain basement Chinese toy manufacturer selling cheap things and fake Lego etc.

Someone else can buy this first and be the guinea pig 😉

Wow… if that’s a clone to a mws then we mite have something here.. does anyone know how much it will be? The webpage posted up the gun has been taken down. 

1 hour ago, Sylithics said:

Wow… if that’s a clone to a mws then we mite have something here.. does anyone know how much it will be? The webpage posted up the gun has been taken down. 

Found my original screenshot, $355:

86A41471-F343-4181-A7F6-9CADEC0EB94F.thumb.jpeg.66b17c8471f8ddec76fe727772dd3a44.jpeg

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

Their AEG's are (or at least were pre-Brexit) decent value for money but let's not get carried away thinking this will remotely be in the same realm as a TM GBBR.

Right who’s being the Guinea pig and buying one 😅 I’m tempted but have no idea what I’m buying… could just fall to bits plus it’s not just change is it. Mite wait for a YouTube video 

Yeah there’s literally nothing on YouTube or the web about this gbbr🤔 

Yeah, I'm excited by the idea of this but I've got a few guns already that haven't been skirmished - I don't need another gun right now.   So I'm not going to be the guinea pig.
I'll happily wait for a couple of YT reviews.

$455 shipped does feel rather close to the price of the known (stellar) quantity that is the TM MWS, so it needs to prove itself

• 2 months later...

I’m super interested to see what happens with this. From what I’ve seen/heard about the DE’s AEGs (I will be buying one of their UTR45’s one day😍) they could be on to a winner if they get this right too….

45 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Apparently we’re now getting one by double eagle and one by cyma!

https://www.evike.com/products/102356/

Made by the same OEM. I do wonder how many airsoft manufactures actually make guns rather than just rebrand.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2022 at 10:39, Wavey_Gravey said:

Apparently we’re now getting one by double eagle and one by cyma!

https://www.evike.com/products/102356/

I've noticed that the DE one says

"Utilizes the Tokyo Marui MWS gas blowback system"

whilst the Cyma says

" Brand new CGS (CYMA Gas System) provides reliable performance and durability. Cross-compatible with all standard Tokyo Marui MWS-spec parts"

Now i might be reading too much into toy guns blurb on a retailer website, but the DE one sounds like a direct clone whilst the Cyma sounds like they've fiddled with it.

Also the Cyma has 2 major differences that i can see (again, maybe just retailer product photography or a pre-production model) - the Cyma has 11 holes in the rail as opposed to the DE's 10. Also the Cyma seems to have a seam in front of the magwell, whilst the DE doesn't. Not sure if thats better or worse.

The rest seem to be cosmetic - the stock, grip, flash hider and one has BUISs. And one has the 300 BLK on the inside of the ust guard, and one on the outside.

Edited by rj1986

5 hours ago, rj1986 said:

the Cyma has 11 holes in the rail as opposed to the DE's 10.

I believe that 11 holes is correct:

image.png.78794139fb4f715bf2423252ff18a006.png

However the seam line is not judging by Noveske's website:

image.png.35939f531ddbee6c149f1ae9be36530d.png

Edited by Speedbird_666

• 7 months later...

Did anyone buy one of these? There seems to be 3 versions on a similar theme. There's the Double Eagle version, the CYMA CGS version and the T8 version. I'm not sure if they are all the same OEM and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to buy and use one of the 3 brands above? it would be good to have an honest review of the 3 new GBB's alongside a MWS for reference.

UK prices put the DE version at around the same price as a MWS and I'm not sure why.

11 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

Did anyone buy one of these? There seems to be 3 versions on a similar theme. There's the Double Eagle version, the CYMA CGS version and the T8 version. I'm not sure if they are all the same OEM and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to buy and use one of the 3 brands above? it would be good to have an honest review of the 3 new GBB's alongside a MWS for reference.

UK prices put the DE version at around the same price as a MWS and I'm not sure why.

The Cyma/T8 is one version. T8 parts in the Cyma base gun and then licensed by EMG

The DE is cheaper than the cyma and in my opinion it's the one to buy as it's out of the box more compatible with other mws parts .

While the DE costs about the same as a base line MWS it is about a third of the price of a TM MWS and Noveski reciever kit.

I'm not a big fan of the MWS platform but I am tempted to getting the DE after trying all of the options head to head for a few days 

Apparently the DE version was mostly snapped up by the staff in TaiwanGun, so make of that what you will. As mentioned above, the Cyma version is basically proprietary as the t8 system is a MWS copy, but not a direct copy, so the DE seems to be the winner

Has anyone taken the plunge and bought one of the DE versions? I’m seriously considering getting one, but I’d like to know what the quality is like compared to the Tokyo Marui MWS? More interested in build quality, particularly externally, and overall feel of the gun. 

Hopefully they'll release an xm177/733/car15 literally anything with the integrated carry handle.

56 minutes ago, Super64 said:

Has anyone taken the plunge and bought one of the DE versions? I’m seriously considering getting one, but I’d like to know what the quality is like compared to the Tokyo Marui MWS? More interested in build quality, particularly externally, and overall feel of the gun. 

I'd like to buy one but can't find them in stock anywhere.

21 minutes ago, mightyjebus said:

I'd like to buy one but can't find them in stock anywhere.

In U.K. ? highpressureairsoft and JDAirsoft both showing available to order ,

https://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/emg-noveske-n4-gbbr-mws-system-by-double-eagle

https://jdairsoft.net/emg-noveske-n4-gbbr-mws-system-1

59 minutes ago, JimFromHorsham said:

High Pressure Airsoft was where I was potentially going to buy from as they have the tan version in stock. Unfortunately, they are more expensive than JD.